Jump saddle recommendations please?

Pidgeon

Visit site
Ok have been very happy for a couple of years with my Stubben Seigfried Special jump saddle. However Pidge has finally decided to fill out so the saddle is now a little narrow for him. Is it worth getting altered or do I go jump saddle shopping?
If so what saddles give you a secure feeling but would be a good fit on a big ISH? I do get my saddles sorted by a qualified saddle fitter but would like some opinions on the different makes and styles please.
Thanks in advance.

Javabb94

Visit site
I have an ideal impala pro on one of mine which is the most secure saddle I have sat in! Absolutely love it.

On my other horse I have a JW passion saddle which I'm also finding quite secure - on an ISH although she has a lot of filling out to do yet!
Depends on you aswell I guess, some people will find some saddles secure where others won't, try a few different makes and see what you like :)

katastrophykat

Visit site
i have a now well battered henri de rivel, i love it and it's saved me a few times from being dumped at opportune moments! it currently doesnt fit anything i have but im keeping it anyway in the hope that i can have it adjusted to my baby once he's finished growing.

Morganlafaye

Visit site
Butet. Best saddle I've ever sat in. Would have to rob a bank to buy a new one, but managed to find a second hand one that fits the younger of my two (an ISH), and I'm so thankful for it! Gives me a nice secure feeling, which I really need right now as he's just come back into work after a long lay off, and forgotten everything!

Charem

Visit site
A yard I used to work at had two jump saddles that were used on all the horses, a butet and an albion k2. We used to literally fight over the albion to the point where I could saddle my horse with it, nip to the tackroom or whatever and come back to find that my collegue had swapped it on to her horse and replaced it with the butet! We used to call the butet 'the saddle of doom and despair'. It was really comfortable but had sod all knee rolls and felt like a race saddle to sit in. Albion was like a forward cut arm chair.

Oh and another vote for the ideal impala too.

Lolo

Visit site
Al really likes both her Albion Legend 5000 XC saddle (Bee) and the Collegiate rip off of the Albion K2 jumping saddle (Reg).

KatB

Visit site
Butet saddles are the most beautiful saddles, I love them! But I love saddles with very little in the way of blocks...equipes are also fab and nit as mind blowing in price!

Daytona

Visit site
I love my black country made to measure Richocet which I got blocks put on outside
Most secure saddle I've ever ridden in and soooooo comfy

Saints_fan88

Visit site
If you want big blocks then it's Albion all the way!!!
I tried loads when getting one for my youngster last year, have previously always had Albion, and I didn't feel secure at all with the newer flatter styles.

I recently almost got jumped off in the middle of a cross country course (over a part A) and finished the rest of the combination plus another fence with no stirrups - it was purely my saddle and sheer determination that kept me in the plate!!! :)

Daytona

Visit site
Remember though if getting saddle made you can normally ask for blocks to be as big as you want and put where you want

You can customise it to your needs, the saddle fitter may not tell you this but if you ask will say yes the saddler making it can do that

Hence how I got nice big blocks put in my black country on the outside rather than inside of saddle, much more secure in my eyes when like that.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Thanks ever so much guys, much appreciated. Saddle fitter coming out on the 8th so will see what she can do, if it can't be altered I will at least have an idea of what's on offer. Off to do some mooching at the saddles recommended on here.

Lark

Visit site
I have heard very good things about the new Prestige from a friend of mine.
I have a very hard to fit ISH. High wither and hollow either side. I got an Antares Monoflap and it is just the nicest saddle i have ever jumped in. Like butter to ride in but also puts you in perfect balance over a jump.
Antares themselves have some very good deals on 2nd hand ones too.