Jumping Exercises

seaview

Visit site
Hi, I went up last night to see my best friends 4 year old as she is just broken riding and has make a good start on the jumping!
She has a fantastic pop nice and ligt in the air.
We are bringing her home tomorrow to our yard and we want to keep the work up with her before she gets a break, would anyone have any good jumping exercises to encourage her to jump in the middle of the fence as she is drifting a bit to the right at the moment.

Thanks in Advance,
Nat
x

rrose

Visit site
put poles on the jump coming out which points her to the middle... if you get me.. so its like and arrow. umm i will try and find a picture for you

rrose

Visit site
could find one so i drew one for you
tongue.gif

jumortgub.jpg

juliehannah58

Visit site
Like the pic, I call these A frames, these are great for encouraging the horse to jump centre.

But you can't beat X poles, especially for youngsters, you can build them quite big but they still look inviting, aim horses automatically for the centre and increase the horses confidence as they appear much bigger than they are, so they go away feeling all chuffed they jumped what they think was a bigger fence than it was.
smile.gif

seaview

Visit site
Good picture,
yeah thats the first thing we will do but was just wondering if there was anything else you lot may suggest?
Thanks
Nat
x

Nickymac

Visit site
You could just lie poles on the ground, on the approach and/or on the landing side, so they channel the horse straight and keep them to the middle of the fence. You may only need them on the right hand side if that's the way the horse is jumping. "A" frames will make them very tidy with their front legs, but they're sometimes a bit of an eyeful for a young or very green horse