Jumping into the weekend.. plans?

Wheels

Visit site
Apart from the very odd little pop, M and I have not jumped in over a year (due to various reasons and some excuses thrown into the mix!)

But here we are having a bit of fun!

Rest of the weekend - off tonight, in hand work Friday then a mix of flatwork and hacking and we might have another little jump at some point too. Last night M was a little too keen so maybe some fancy footwork grids are in order to slow the little tinker down a bit!

What are you all up to?

104544201_139217484451072_6270594415728193255_n.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
Jump lesson saturday, teaching sunday, then I have holiday next week - was going to see my friend in brighton and go to hickstead ? obviously that's not happening, so we've got a jump arena hire Tuesday and I'm hoping to play with some related distances and striding and then the rest will do for next weekends plans ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Did you manage to get your flyers out for a new yard MP?
i've done some, and then work took all my time up again, but I have some more do to in a different direction. Nothing so far, but I have got a couple of possibilities in the autumn (more ££ than current place though! urghhhh)

J&S

Visit site
I am really happy, I haven't been to see or ride the big horse since the beginning of lock down but yesterday I arranged with the owners to be able to go back. TBH they had no problem with me riding but my family were a bit insistent on me not going any where because of being old etc. Horse is elderly too so I have been concerned he will loose muscle not going for his hacks, hopefully he won't be too jolly!

Wheels

Visit site
I’ve a lesson tonight, clinic again on Sunday. OH may go out xc schooling on Sunday depending on work.

W, we did some little grids last night, it’s good fun isn’t it? Horse was super keen!

Yeah, I do enjoy grids but I haven't got much room in my arena and nobody to help so it can be a bit of a pain in the neck but will try and get OH involved

j1ffy

Visit site
Pretty much the same as the last few weekends here! Going to do a soggy schooling session tonight, hopefully a lunchtime hack tomorrow, school on Saturday and longer hack on Sunday. I need a bit more motivation now Danny's getting fitter so I'll try to get a lesson soon. I also need to get my OH's furniture out of my lorry so I can take Danny somewhere in the next few weeks, would be good to get to an arena hire or maybe a test riding clinic (and see if he can remember how to load!).

smolmaus

Visit site
Switched early Saturday private lesson for a group one this evening. Volunteering all day Sunday as usual. Need to make a proper fuss of my favourite wee Shetland gelding as he's going to a fabulous new home soon and I'm going to miss him very much!! If I end up sneaking him into the boot of my car one of you will have to phone the police.

smolmaus

Visit site
Today I got a proper old school RS pony to remind me I have zero fitness and he has more tricks than me. Currently sitting in my car with the AC blasting and sweating buckets.

Made some friends though, two girls waited for me to dismount to be like "was that hard work, yeah?" ???

Sheep

Visit site
Today I got a proper old school RS pony to remind me I have zero fitness and he has more tricks than me. Currently sitting in my car with the AC blasting and sweating buckets.

Made some friends though, two girls waited for me to dismount to be like "was that hard work, yeah?" ???

feel your pain! Just finished my lesson and I’m knackered lol, both horse and I are somewhat sweaty ? - gross ?
Made the mistake of mentioning I had been trialling a tiny bit of sitting trot, oh dear, I suppose I should be grateful she didn’t make me lose my stirrups too ?

smolmaus

Visit site
feel your pain! Just finished my lesson and I’m knackered lol, both horse and I are somewhat sweaty ? - gross ?
Made the mistake of mentioning I had been trialling a tiny bit of sitting trot, oh dear, I suppose I should be grateful she didn’t make me lose my stirrups too ?
It's a disgusting muggy evening, we can blame at least 10% on that ?

Not quite as bad as prolonged ST but I caused the group to suffer multiple laps of two point seat because I can't keep weight in my heels, I should really have apologised to everyone quads

SEL

Visit site
Yard arena got 30mm of rain last night and today so hoping surface will stand up to some poles on the micro cob and perhaps a little jump ?

Appy has vet visit 4587543 tomorrow to x ray her front feet. She is trying hard to get retired.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I've got my regular friday lesson with my instructor (who is based at my yard luckily, so have managed to keep going through lockdown!). Then need to film an online dressage test at some point.

I also decided to introduce the beginnings of canter pirouettes today and the (big) baby Spanish just found it insanely easy and they felt brilliant so I'm very pleased after what has been a pretty terrible week.

catembi

Visit site
Tiffany's new saddle came today & it is a million times better than the one it replaced! So comfy & I feel a lot more secure. Hoping to get out n about to a lesson & maybe now I don't feel so precariously perched, we can start some proper polework. So another w'end of pony squishing.