Jumping query

Finns

Visit site
I took Finns to the clear round at patchetts on sunday - he behaved really well and jumped everything with just one run out (my fault). The only thing is I have just looked at the pictures (on http://www.catchitquick.co.uk/viewyourphotos.html, patchetts unaffiliated s/j 13 august, we are the first two photos) and I have just seen how high he is jumping over (to what most normal non nervous people) is a small jump.

I don't really jump (this is the second time I've jumped him at a competition since I bought him two years ago) and just wanted to check - it doesn't mean necessarily that I was riding him badly does it? No other horses seem to be ballooning as much as him, but it all seemed to flow quite nicely in the arena.

Thanks in advance! (ps I should say that I was wearing two jackets and a body protector in the photos - the rain was torrential when we were warming up!)

Finns

Visit site
You have to click onto the unaffiliated showjumping patchetts 13 August folder (bizarrely it's the one with the photos of dogs). We are on the first page, the first two photos. Photo references are DSC: 5514 and 5515. Chocolate dun pony and me in a red coat!

Finns

Visit site
ah, you beat me to it! oh good, i just wanted to check to see if others thought he looked okay or whether we needed to have more lessons before thinking about venturing out again!

Thanks!

lizzie_liz

Visit site
he looks fine to me, some horses naturally jump higher over fences than others, mine appears to jump flat but thats how she jumps best, my previous one really rounded over fences and cleared them by miles!

but you both look fab.

totally didn't realise they had sj there on sunday otherwise would have gone, damn

Rambo

Visit site
Looks okay to me...don't complain if your horse gives the fences a few inches extra
wink.gif