Jumping Saddles

Lou2006

www.flyingchange.co.uk
I would just like your thoughts/recommendations on jumping saddles. Has anyone got the Wintec Close Contact or any other synthetic type as I'm on a budget. Although I would really like a Stubben....
Just your thoughts on any jumping saddles.

Thanks.

Lou.x

samp

Visit site
The Wintec jumping one did not suit my mare at all. I have a Albion K2 jumper - used to hate it but now I love it

HBII

Visit site
I have got the Stubben Seigfried CS jump saddle and I personally find it very comfortable for flatwork. I had my mare jumped at the weekend by her previous owner and he wishes he hadnt have sold his Stubben to me lol
grin.gif

I am sure you might be able to pick a second hand one up off ebay?

Hb

dieseldog

Visit site
Be careful with close contact saddles as unless you are the most amazing rider they are pretty hard to jump in. Which is why I have my stubben with the most enourmous blocks (EBay £300)

Lou2006

www.flyingchange.co.uk
Thanks people. I'm not keen to buy one second hand saddle as I want it to be fitted, the saddlery actually have some second hand ones so I'll ask about it.
Which type of Stubben do you have? There's loads of different designs and it confuses me.

Thanks.

Lou.x

KatB

Visit site
The wintec cc is very good for a synthetis saddle. I've ridden in that and the bates CC, and they don't feel much different at all. Ideal if you are on a budget. I personally dislike Stubbens though!!

frannieuk

Visit site
I have a Bates Caprilli Close Contact that I bought second hand, its great cos it has the changeable gullet system and is incredibly comfortable to ride in
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
I also had a K2, and although I loved it for my pony, I found it very restrictive on my bigger horse. Big knee blocks can also encourage bad habits, so although they may feel secure, they can actually be alot worse for your position

nomini

Visit site
I have the Fieldhouse Jumping pro saddle and I love it. Not that cheap though if you are on a budget - however, i got £200 knocked off my brand new one because it had a small scratch at the back!

filly190

Visit site
If you are on a budget, perhaps a stubben seigfried general all purpose would fit the bill, then you have a saddle that works for all disciplines.

I use the above for everything and have never invested in a jumping saddle. Good balance and hands are all you need when jumping, a saddle does not make a rider.

Years ago, no one could afford different saddles for the disciplines and had to make do, so dont feel that you need expensive items because its the fashion.

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The wintec cc is very good for a synthetis saddle. I've ridden in that and the bates CC, and they don't feel much different at all. Ideal if you are on a budget. I personally dislike Stubbens though!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They are exactly the same saddle but made of different materials, and about £200 difference

KatB

Visit site
Yep i know but some people have prejudice against wintec saddles as they say they are uncomfortable. Just pointing out they feel no different.
smile.gif

Governor

Visit site
I've got a Stubben Siegefried. I got it second (more like fifth) hand so it's battered but its fantastic all the same.

Very flat seat and not much by way of knee rolls so if you like more modern 'supportive' styles it probably isn't for you.

Saying that I have a very poor jumping position at the minute but I still feel very balanced in it. My horse has a massive, airy jump but i've found jumping so much more fluid since i've had it and if I do misjudge a stride it's very forgiving to slide back into and keep your position.