Jumping while reschooling......

Parkranger

Visit site
I use the term reschooling mildly - my boy understands working off your leg etc but he's just a bit rushy and unbalanced but we're getting there (mainly by me getting my balance back again!)

So question is, do you think it's a bad thing to have a go an small clear round course at the weekend? We both love jumping (although haven't done much yet) and I just feel that we should be doing fun things as well as the hard work of schooling.

It's also at the same venue as our first dressage test at the end of October so was thinking it would be a good idea to introduce him to the venue as a bit of fun first?

Thoughts?
grin.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
I'd go for it....did when I first got my boy...it was quite entertaining though as he decided the tannoy was an alien spaceship landing to take him away...we ran out more times than we went over but we did get a big round of applause at the end!!!
Not saying at all that your boy is as green as Sid was at the time or that you are as awful a pilot as I am!! I think everything you do as long as it doesn't blow their minds, is an education and is good....it's also fun for you and will help get you over your nerves for October about the venue
ENJOY!!!