Just a happy post!

oldie48

Visit site
Schooled my friend's gelding this morning and he's lovely. I last rode him four years ago when my friend had her hip replaced and I struggled a bit with his big trot but today I was fine, I think Rose has improved my riding and I'm not as unfit as I feared. I had a big smile on my face and loved every minute, can't wait to ride him again. Oh it's bloomin lovely to be aboard a well schooled responsive horse again, he's not push button but he is a real schoolmaster. Best thing is that like all arrangements it will suit my friend as much as it suits me and her yard is ten minutes down the road. I feel sooooo lucky. Life has been pretty vile this last year, perhaps I'm turning a corner. Hope so!

oldie48

Visit site
Huge like. Has Rose gone to her grass livery yet? Hope she's settled ok if so.
She went yesterday morning, she was really good to handle and load with a teeny bit of sedalin in her. I was sent a pic of her out with the girls and a couple of other messages to reassure me that she was OK. I am a bit worried about the change in diet as she's been on soaked hay but the paddock grass is like standing hay, long, dry and stalky and YO will be keeping a close eye on her.

Annagain

Visit site
She went yesterday morning, she was really good to handle and load with a teeny bit of sedalin in her. I was sent a pic of her out with the girls and a couple of other messages to reassure me that she was OK. I am a bit worried about the change in diet as she's been on soaked hay but the paddock grass is like standing hay, long, dry and stalky and YO will be keeping a close eye on her.

Glad the move went well and she's settled. I'm sure with there being other horses already there the grass will be well grazed and not too rich for her.

oldie48

Visit site
I can't say how touched I am at all your good wishes. Thank you. It's difficult to explain to non-horsey people the place that riding and horses play in our lives. Rose's injury came at probably the worst time in my life, tbh the time when I needed her to carry me through the things that I have no control over and are just unbearably sad. I don't know what it is about horses but they just know, don't they? When I was tacking him up my friend's horse just put his head on my shoulder and sighed as if he understood how unhappy I was and I came home feeling so much happier. I will post a pic of Mr D, he's a real sweetie. And, thanks again for all your likes and comments, I don't know you but I feel as if I do.