Just a little rant

GatefieldHorses

Visit site
This is just a random rant at how annoyed i get when i see peopel with there 14.2hh cob up for sale which is worth about £2000, up for sale at about £5000 then it says strictly no dealers....lol.
What dealer will pay £5000???

OK, rant over
laugh.gif

icemaiden113

Visit site
Oh yeah just seen!! Were miles from anyone!!! lol
She just wants plain old bob the cob! It doesn't have to do handstands and cartwheels round the yard or look the part really!!
I have a sj 'er for sale for less than some cobs we have looked at!!

GatefieldHorses

Visit site
Yeh cobs are stupid money, we managed to get a lovely coloured cob 15.1hh 7 yr old. Huge jump, hacks alone or in comapny. bombproof and schooled well. To make a quick profit we had to get £1500 for her. she was gone within 12 hrs. If people stopped asking stupid money they would sell, rather than keeping them so so long to find a home.

filly190

Visit site
I do think that horse prices have risen and have come across friends trying to sell their very average horses for a lot of money.

I spoke to my farrier about this and he recons to get a decent horse you are looking at £10k plus, something well schooled and ready to compete at novice level.

Rambo

Visit site
It's people like your farrier making off the cuff remarks like that that help fuel the silly prices. You can buy a very nice competition horse for a lot less than £10k....you just need to know where to look
crazy.gif