Just a reminder - check your floors!

Equi

Visit site
I posted earlier about towing with no floor in a trailer. I didn't post this bit cause i was a little weary about it but frankly its to educate and if one person reads it and goes out to check their floor, thats great.

My box has been sitting about since November when i moved Jed to new yard - its treated wood with aluminium sheets on top and i have had it about four years (new floor installed just before i bought it, checked then and fine) i had a cracked tire so checked the floor as i changed it and was able to bend a bit of wood right under the sky light, so immediately it was written off for Jed (who was due to go out sunday) but thought it might be ok for the minis for my show next week (my partition for them means they are only ever at the back). Had a bit more of a poke about and was able to punch a hole through the wood right in front of the jockey door, which was still out of the "minis" area but quite in MY area! Whole thing has been ripped out now and when i did i realised how easy it was to rip out.

It was such a warm winter with a bit of rain so i can only assume this plus the aluminium heated the floor up and made it rot faster than it normally would have. The middle where it was dry was still totally solid. Getting a factory aluminium floor on Saturday!

58625915_10216944511262479_3176919242209492992_n.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
Well,done for checking. My last box I was told it was an alum floor but actually it was a bit like yours - wood with a layer of alum over it. When I came to sell it the floor had started to warp so I replaced it before selling it. I’d never checked it before then apart from when I had bought it. I suspect lots of people don’t check either but I’m going to get it checked each time it’s serviced now.