Just bought some new wellies ....

Greylegs

Visit site
...... applying for the mortgage tomorrow.....!!!

A small rant ..... good grief!!! Just how much do you have to pay for decent wellies nowadays? Ok, they’re very nice, stylish (??!!) wellies, but £120.00 ..... seriously? Not bought a pair for a while. Is that the going rate these days for dry feet?

< ... wanders off wondering if Mr GL might be pursuaded that wellies are what I really want for Christmas.......>

happyclappy

Visit site
Never paid more than £15 at the most, usually under £10 and never suffered wet feet and always lasted well despite how much I wear them or where/how far I walk! No slipping or clinging mud either

PapaverFollis

Visit site
With wellies there's this middle ground where that darn things just fall apart and leak, usually just after the guarentee has run out, but the really cheap ones or the more expensive ones last for years! :lol: I go expensive for the comfort.

GTRJazz

Visit site
With wellies there's this middle ground where that darn things just fall apart and leak, usually just after the guarentee has run out, but the really cheap ones or the more expensive ones last for years! :lol: I go expensive for the comfort.

I have Dunlop wellys with steel toe caps you will not see anyone wearing them at Olympia but they do last

chaps89

Visit site
I found le chameaus in the sale at half price some years ago- so bought 2 pairs. 5 years on I'm about to get the 2nd pair out after the first pair have finally split and let water in. Given as I wear them daily and they get alot of use/abuse it's money well spent in my eyes.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
What have you had?
I found mole valley do some wellies similar to hunter style which are only around £30 and have lasted me well so far.
Also have some posher wellies from gumleaf for shooting etc (seldom used at horses to be fair) but they have lasted well are super comfy and a much better price than a lot of more expensive less well made wellies! They have some styles which are similar to le chameau but half the price (Iv had mine for same time hubby had had chaneau and mine look just as good still)

horsimous

Visit site
Totally agree, gumleaf are great. Just went for a first walk in some new aigle wellies with the red neoprene lining - absolutely awful! Will ditch these and get some more gumleaf wellies!

tatty_v

Visit site
I've just had to replace my Le Chameaus after 5 years of near constant wear. I buy the fleece lined ones as I get cold toes but find the neoprene pulls my socks off! They're pricey, but so comfortable.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
my dunlop puroforts are also still going strong, they don't try to remove my socks if I just put a thin pair on, don't roast my feet in the summer dew and keep them a bit warmer in winter than most.
I made mum buy a pair too and she likes them :)
oh and definitely in the mid price point!

MrsNorris

Visit site
I buy the cheap but durable Dunlop’s, don’t know the name, maybe the same as Ester? and spend the spare cash on thick, quality socks to go in them. The wellies usually last me for years, no lining to wear out and get lumpy and uncomfortable, and just use thinner socks in summer so you don’t overheat.

pansymouse

Visit site
my dunlop puroforts are also still going strong, they don't try to remove my socks if I just put a thin pair on, don't roast my feet in the summer dew and keep them a bit warmer in winter than most.
I made mum buy a pair too and she likes them :)
oh and definitely in the mid price point!

They're the ones I've got - great aren't they?

Widgeon

Visit site
What have you had?
I found mole valley do some wellies similar to hunter style which are only around £30 and have lasted me well so far.
Also have some posher wellies from gumleaf for shooting etc (seldom used at horses to be fair) but they have lasted well are super comfy and a much better price than a lot of more expensive less well made wellies! They have some styles which are similar to le chameau but half the price (Iv had mine for same time hubby had had chaneau and mine look just as good still)

Totally agree, gumleaf are great. Just went for a first walk in some new aigle wellies with the red neoprene lining - absolutely awful! Will ditch these and get some more gumleaf wellies!

Good tip, will look up these Gumleaf wellies!I think it does depend rather on what suits you - I have neoprene Aigles and I love them - great to walk in all day and keep my cold feet toasty warm, but I did extensive trying on of lots of wellies and I bought these because they fitted. I wanted Muck boots as they're cheaper and come well recommended by friends, but they were just the wrong shape for my feet.

ester

Visit site
They're the ones I've got - great aren't they?

yup :), I've got some nice semi rigid insoles in them because my feet aren't great and we had a bit of a hike to field and back but Mum is fine without. They have also survived a few fork stabbings.

widgeon that is my excuse for having a lot of ariats, never needed to break them in, they just suit me and comfy from the off! Their wellies were sooo heavy though (as do most of the more expensive ones seem to be) and that just aggrevates my hips etc then.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I got bog standard wellies from my local farm shop - ones that were in the farming section, I figured farmers abuse their wellies a lot so they must be good ones. They cost me about £30 and are still going strong about 5 years later! Id never buy expensive or equestrian type wellies again. Ive had Hunters and Joules ones - both split really quick.

LeannePip

Visit site
I've just bought some le chameaus - paid a bit more for the neoprene version and so far i love them!

I had the fleece lined ones previously and as far as i remember they didn't split but I wore through the inside sole so i was essentially walking on the rubber inside of the heel which hurt!

cally23

Visit site
I have had two pairs of Ariat £85 which lasted me six months a pair before they split. For the past two years I have had Muckboots, they have been fantastic, I also bought them in the sale with a money off coupon so £30. Only reason I now need to replace is that the tread has gone and I am sliding about in the mud. Hope I can manage until the Jan sales.

Myloubylou

Visit site
Just bought le chameau country neos for £75. Very comfortable to walk in & neoprene very warm. Does require boot jack to get them off but no biggie. Last pair of le chameaus lasted years

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I've just had to replace my Le Chameaus after 5 years of near constant wear. I buy the fleece lined ones as I get cold toes but find the neoprene pulls my socks off! They're pricey, but so comfortable.

Brother brought me a pair as an early christmas pressy and i love them. I have raynaurds so i find they really help keep my tooties toasty

ester

Visit site
That's what I found, it's all flat in our somerset bit but in wiltshire my then wellies definitely struggled on the slopes!

southerncomfort

Visit site
I'm on a welly hunt and I agree, they are stupidly expensive now. I wish I could buy cheapies but an old calf injury and ongoing achillies problems means that only the neoprene style are comfortable.

WandaMare

Visit site
I have bought some of the ladies field Hunters, £75 including postage, they arrived today. I find they are the most comfortable and the best fit for me. These are a softer rubber than the previous ones and say they are more resilient, so we will see. My last pair lasted me a year and half and I use them daily for yard work and walking. I also bought some cheaper ones because they have ducks on :) Not that I need 2 pairs but its nice to have some fun ones too.

AmieeT

Visit site
I bought some Le Chameau Vierzonord neoprene wellies last month (treated myself as for a nice work bonus for passing my exams)- I seem to get through wellies so quickly, but also get really cold feet and I need them to be secure around the ankle otherwise I fall arse of tit even more than normal (wish that was a joke!).

So far, I love them- they're roomy enough for my joggers over workwear which I hadn't expected, have a lovely deep tread and are super duper comfy! Fingers crossed they'll last.