just curious......confirmation

4whitesocks

Visit site
First time trying to actually put an image in a post
ooo.gif

....and while I am at it (although I know it's not the best picture) what do you think of his conformation....I know what looks good to me but know none of the technical stuff so would appreciate a critique (and don't worry I won't take offence - he's my boy so whatever bad bits he has - I'm stuck with them!!!)

This was taken at his first (and only so far!) ODE in July - not me on board, junior pilot as it was a PC ODE

Thanks!

enddress.jpg

serena2005

Visit site
im not an expert but from my opinion, i like him, nice straight front legs, looks like hes got a good set of feet aswell!!
he has quite a short back, (i like short backs) and lovely big shoulders.

cant really comment on his confirmation, im not very good at it... but from what people have told me on here, you have to put them in some boxes.... but on a whole i would say hes pretty good!

by the way i think hes lovely... whats his name? height etc??

Zebedee

Visit site
Hard to tell from this photo - might be a little tied in below the knee? Other than that I like him! Well proportioned & nicely short coupled.

4whitesocks

Visit site
Thanks Serena...that was quite painless!! It's Sid, 5yo ISH (well he's half & half rather than 3/4 TB 1/4 ID, by Dock Leaf out of RID mare) - all Dock Leafs tend to have ponyish head, which he has

Bought him as 16hh in April but I have a feeling he may have stretched a little (no more than 16 1 though)

He does have a short back - but he also has a lovely bascule so I'm happy!

serena2005

Visit site
lol gts... u always pick up on those things!!! lol shame u didnt get in there quicker!!!

i think they mean where just below the knee his leg goes rather thin then bigger again... instead of being the same width all the way down.. im just guessing!! ill be happy if im right!
smile.gif

Zebedee

Visit site
Where the measurement around the cannon bone immediately below the knee is less than the measurement taken lower down towards the fetlock, but as I said hard to tell from this photo as not taken straight on, but from a slight angle.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
lol gts... u always pick up on those things!!! lol shame u didnt get in there quicker!!![/iquote]

Yeah I am good at proof reading - except my own work! DOH!!!