Just for a giggle . . . .

monkeybum13

Visit site
When sharing the arena with some other (ex) liveries (one same age as me, several a few years younger) I overheard them say that I "clearly didn't even know how to do rising trot properly as I would often sit for too long".

I was doing lots of serpentines, changes of bends etc and was changing my diagonal!

livvyc_ria

Visit site
I was once told by a non horsey horse owning aunty....to only ever ask for trot in the corner. This is when i was about 3 and even then knew better!!!:D

Cadfael&Coffee

Visit site
That my injured TB who let's himself be bullied and literally thrown around when he's in pain should be put in with her horse, the bully, whilst recovering from broken knees and could barely walk!!!

Not impressed!!!

And then when I asked another if I could borrow her Shetland whilst he was on his own on box rest she said she didn't think they'd both fit comfortably in the stable, but she'd think about it!!!

WTH!!!

JessandCharlie

Visit site
When a dealer/producer friend at the time told me my then new pony had his head in the clouds because "He's sweet and trying to keep you in the saddle"

Nothing to do with a total lack of schooling then. Nope :rolleyes:

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
There was a lovely lass at our yard who used to call transitions "transactions". Such fun that we all still refer to our transitions as transactions. Oh and synthetic saddles are of course sympathetic saddles he he he x

Dunlin

Visit site
^^^ LOL!!!! :D

The yard know-it-all/snob told me that I would never do well in dressage because I didn't wear spurs. When I quizzed her about that she said that it is because the movements are so precise in dressage that you need to point on certain parts of the horse to make him do it and that using your heel is too fat and confusing.

I went and asked the lady in the tack shop and she didn't stop laughing about it for years.

bumper

Visit site
The yard know-it-all/snob told me that I would never do well in dressage because I didn't wear spurs. When I quizzed her about that she said that it is because the movements are so precise in dressage that you need to point on certain parts of the horse to make him do it and that using your heel is too fat and confusing.

I went and asked the lady in the tack shop and she didn't stop laughing about it for years.

Hilarious!!!

I have none. I am clearly very old and wrinkly, and horse is still clearly actually alive, so....

The funniest thing is actually livvyc_ria's post re trot........"Only ask for trot in a corner" LOL!

turkana

Visit site
While at a previous yard the YOs were looking after a liveries horse with she was on holiday, she went down with laminitis but they thought she'd fallen over & hurt her back; so they told me I was wrong & she hadn't got lami, fortunately the vet put them straight.

The husband decided that after talking to the vet that he was now a laminitis expert, so he told me to be careful with my horses as they had hard necks which meant they were both about to go down with it.

They were both team chasing every weekend at the time so they were very fit & slim, I had to explain to the foolish man that their necks were hard due to muscle & as they were lean, mean, galluping machines their whole bodies were hard as they had muscles!