Just found this.....another one..or two etc

indie999

Visit site
Sorry to be so worried and I know it goes on but found this...caught my eye as I am in Herts but they are in Devon?!? Its nothing to do with me by the way........and if I had knowledge on how to bring on a youngster I would but I wouldnt know what to do and would end up with a ruined pony..........but its a blooming sad thing £50! Hope someone can help

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/104939498

meandmyself

Visit site
I hate emotional blackmail like that.

Hundred of ponies go for pennies to the meat man at the auctions.

Edit- OP, not having a go at you, sorry if it sounded like I was.

Last edited:

twinkle

Visit site
oh if only i had room for more and the money i so would even just to give them more time to find them another home! so so sad.

meandmyself

Visit site
The breeders shouldn't just be churning them out year after year. If they stopped breeding for a couple of years, they'd be less of the poor little buggers about and demand would go up.

indie999

Visit site
The breeders shouldn't just be churning them out year after year. If they stopped breeding for a couple of years, they'd be less of the poor little buggers about and demand would go up.

I keep wondering why I see so many youngsters for sale or ie has been used as a broodmare for the past few years...................why in this climate??

I also get cross when I see stallions for sale etc obviously finished with??? Its a no brainer isnt it if it wasnt bred they couldnt eat it! Very sad.

Moobucket

Visit site
I posted in an earlier thread that I'm a disaster with these kind of posts as I'm always taking in waifs and strays. I just have to remind myself that I don't need a 12 hh pony. It's dangerous when you just have a little spare space and I'm a sucker for a sad story. I only wanted one horse but then couldn't bare to split him up from his GF so came home with two.

happyhacking:)

Visit site

unfortunately its not as simple as that. things are being done to reduce the number of foals being born each year but it is going to take time. I know the individuals who are trying so hard to home these ponies and in fact have got one myself. the reason it is being posted in herts is that there is a shared load going up to herts so presumably they can fit more in.

what i can say is that in the two months i have had my little one i have learned a huge amount. when that little scared pony let me touch him for the first time i nearly cried. we have a long way to go yet but it has for sure been the most rewarding thing ive ever done.

indie999

Visit site
unfortunately its not as simple as that. things are being done to reduce the number of foals being born each year but it is going to take time. I know the individuals who are trying so hard to home these ponies and in fact have got one myself. the reason it is being posted in herts is that there is a shared load going up to herts so presumably they can fit more in.

what i can say is that in the two months i have had my little one i have learned a huge amount. when that little scared pony let me touch him for the first time i nearly cried. we have a long way to go yet but it has for sure been the most rewarding thing ive ever done.

TBH if I was on a yard with advice on how to ie pick out a newbie feet etc ie teach to do this and all the rest I wouldnt hesitate to have one of these but I think I would ruin it. Old boy is on his own and his mates are over the fence but I wish I had experience etc to help.He could do with a little friend. I suppose its a long shot and as it was in Herts just seemed right sad at £50 each! Life is cheap sometimes. Poor ponies at least the person was trying to help, thats why I added it on. I hope the breeding numbers do reduce.

jendie

www.ramsgrovebeardies.com
I have taken two of these young foals. The charity I went to is well organised and checked references from my vet and farrier before agreeing to let me have them. We have several acres of land, stables and spaces to spare and although I've done nothing to change the bigger picture at least the two I have will have a life. They've been here for a month and are now being let into the paddock each day, they come to call at bedtime. I can (just about ) lift the front feet of both and we are working on picking out. It will be a while before they accept the farrier but we are getting there. Despite the fact they are sold as 'feral' they are amazingly quick to learn, extremely affectionate and easy going little ponies. I haven't regretted my decision to take them for a single second.