Just Got My Insurance Renewal!

Chavhorse

Visit site
And they have added two items to the cover an operations clause to cover all procedures involving local or general anesthetic and also a clause covering Wobbler Syndrome and the renewal quote is 60 GBP less than last year.

Delighted with them ;-))

Chavhorse

Visit site
Who are you with?

Lycetts, when I was initially looking to insure my horse who was travelling over from Holland they were the only company who would cover him from leaving the yard in Holland. All the other companies would not cover him till he had been in the UK for 24 hours in case went down with colic due to the stress of travelling (which was kind of why I wanted him insured!)

They have been wonderful to deal with, very knowlegable (I suppose you would expect them to be) and very fair, my horse has chronic side bones in both fronts and the only exclusion they put on was any problems directly attributable to the side bones, my vet was fully expecting both front feet in their entirety to be excluded.

I had no idea they did insurance for normal horses but mine is only insured for 4K and I really feel I get the same service as someone insuring bloodstock with them. The e-mail with my insurance renewal today came with a note hoping my move back to the UK was not too stressful after I called them a month ago to say we would have a new address from July.

cptrayes

Visit site
I don't understand why they need clauses to specifically include wobblers and procedures under anaesthetic. Surely those would be included by default in any insurance policy? What do the new clauses say?