Just got my nick dolman saddle

Peanot

Visit site
Well, after just one week, Nick Dolman has brought me my Christmas prezzie, a shiny new saddle, just how I asked for it to be made. Only just one test ride in it tonight and my horse felt more free thru his shoulders and had such a lovely consistent light contact. But I have to admit that it felt strange, I felt like I was tipping forwards even tho hubby, Nick and friend said that I wasn't and that the saddle was level. After talking with my instructor, we have decided that he's just using his backside, something that he discovered in a lesson over raised poles earlier this week. He must've found it easier in this saddle. Anyone else have one and thinks it feels strange? How do you get on with yours? How does your horse get on with it? Thanks. x

Azabache

Visit site
My horse loved it but I have to confess it took me a little while to get used to it as it was so very different ( had been previously using a stubbed and a strada). I love it now and feel really secure in it when jumping. My boy has EMRT and she noticed big improvements in my boy as a result of the saddle.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
See how you go, I think how the rider feels is important, I'd be concerned that the saddle needed rebalancing (a more active croup often means the flocking needs rebalancing to reflect that) otherwise you may have more weight going down through the front and/or the back may lift slightly.

Peanot

Visit site
See how you go, I think how the rider feels is important, I'd be concerned that the saddle needed rebalancing (a more active croup often means the flocking needs rebalancing to reflect that) otherwise you may have more weight going down through the front and/or the back may lift slightly.
You were right sbloom, after a week, I felt downhill and didn't feel right, so nick came and took it away, brought it back and still wasn't happy so took it away again, replaced the panels again and then it was much better.