Just had a lovely ride

FFAQ

Visit site
This is of no real interest to anyone but me, but just wanted to share the fact that I've just had a lovely little ride on my youngster. He's 5 and I've been very gently backing him myself. We've been working on going out on our own, gradually building it up, and tonight he did really well. Well actually, he always does well because I'm really lucky to have a very sweet natured horse who's happy to do what I ask.
Love my little Barny horse!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
No, please don't think no-one would be interested. I love hearing that people are backing their youngsters themselves and reaping the rewards. I'm doing the same with my 5yo. We had a light bulb moment the other day and she offered me more. Had a great lesson yesterday and feeling fab.

Well done you, keep going. Got any pics of Barny?

FFAQ

Visit site
Thanks Peregrine Falcon! I've no idea how to put photos on here!! It's asking for a URL link but I have no idea what one of those is! He is a traditional cob, about 15.2. I have a suspicion there might be some shire in there somewhere too from the size of his head. Brown with a white belly and 3 white stockings.

It's great when you get those light bulb moments, isn't it?!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I do it via photobucket. You need to create an account on there, upload your pics from phone/computer etc. Once uploaded, go the code links, you need to copy the "IMG" one then paste it into your post. (Clear as mud - good! ;))

We're ready to go onto the next stage so can't wait to get her out more. She's a homebred so very special.

Mahoganybay

Visit site
How lovely and of course interesting! So nice to hear of people enjoying their horses! Don't forget we will soon be moaning about the weather in winter so I am for happy horsey posts.

FairyLights

Visit site
thanks for posting OP I love threads like these. My 5 year old and me hacked out yesterday. He too was really really good and we had a wonderful ride., He seems to have got it together and was balanced and responsive and interested. It was so wonderful. Thanks for sharing your experience it really does help and makes for goods reading :)

teacups

Visit site
thanks for posting OP I love threads like these. My 5 year old and me hacked out yesterday. He too was really really good and we had a wonderful ride., He seems to have got it together and was balanced and responsive and interested. It was so wonderful. Thanks for sharing your experience it really does help and makes for goods reading :)

Can't put it better, but yes, I love reading posts like this too. Glad to hear you had such a lovely ride: here's to many more.

Shady

Visit site
that's lovely!! i like to hear when people have had a good ride, just had one myself this morning :) iv'e found a new farrier who finally understands how my Arab likes his feet to be and he practically flew this morning, iv'e been having some confidence issues/knee pain but i bought some EZ stirrups and today everything came together really well so i am happy too :D xx