just had worm count done..

seaview

Visit site
and the mine came back <50 epg and my friends came back 50 epg,

what would anyone recommend? I know they dont test for tape worm so should I worm for it?

Thanks in advance

Nat
x

ihatework

Visit site
From my understanding 50 epg or below is a pretty good result. These tests don't capture encysted redworm or tapes though. So at a bare minimum (provided your counts remain low) you would want to do an annual tape/encysted red such as pramox. I would personally do this twice a year though. Spring and Autumn.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
It should give you information relating to what the results meant.

Yours means essentially minimal or no eggs. And your friend is also borderline.

I had mine (Amy's) done recently and was really pleased to have no eggs found. However, I still plan to worm in my regular fashion for this year at least. Obviously tapeworm isn't part of the count - nor is redworm I think....

seaview

Visit site
yeah <50epg is the lowest they will give you so very pleased as ahve been working hard o keep a good routine and pastures clear,
My other two are away at moment and ahve just been wormed buta s soon as they are back I will do them also!

Would you just worm for tapeworm now and then do another one in say 12 weeks time?

Nat
x

Theresa_F

Visit site
Yours is clear and your other horse is very low and not urgent to worm. If it were me I would worm for tape and if you have not done so, do make sure you use something like Equest to clear encysted red worm.

I worm count March, August, worm for tape in September or use a multiwormer if anything found in August count. I then worm count late October and then give Equest in early January - Chancer has a medium count this March, but he is only young and more prone to worms so he will have an equest and then be counted again in August.