Just out of interest - how much??

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Just being nosey and out of interest really, how much would you value my girly at? My trainer at the mo says not to let her go any less then £8000 at least where as looking on HQ she could be worth me....

9yr, 16.1, bay ISH mare. Easiest horse to do ever and great confidence giver, jumping 1.30 at home for fun and will jump higher (top of 6ft wings). Has done XC (not small either lol) with previous owner and flew over everything. We are currently training for dressage, more for me then her, but will be placed prelim/novice easy and trainer says she'll breeze through elementary. Within the last 6 months I have had her, shes qualified:

RC Champs intermediate SJ
90cm BSJA amatuer champs 2nd round
double clears intro and BN, started disc classes, won £23
champion RC Horse of the Year
4th first ever WH class

She only started her competiton career this year. Great to clip, shoe, walks in box by herself. She is the horse in my signature below
smile.gif
what does everyone think?

ihatework

Visit site
She sounds lovely, just my sort of horse but I personally think £8000 is overpriced.
I'd be looking at around the £6000 mark

MrsMagoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
wow, jump top of a 6ft wing!!
shocked.gif

she sound lovely.. i reckon £7000.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh must add - not with me lol...im too scared
crazy.gif
that was with old owner and same trainer. My trainer brought her over from ireland, then she was with old owner till I got her
smile.gif
so still low mileage.

Got lots more shows etc and dressage to do so hopefully get a few more winnings under her belt
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I think £8k is a bit steep too
blush.gif
Nearer £5k I would say.

To put it into perspective, I bought a 7yo with over £500 BSJA winnings who was jumping 1.30's, and had done dressage to Medium level, for less than £8k
shocked.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Hmm, well from a showjumping point of view I wouldn't pay more than £5-5.5k (sorry!) but then I am a skint flint! Only reason being, I know I could go out and get something of the same age jumping fox for about £6-7k and proven experienced is more important to me (personally). However, I know people will pay through the nose for a top class RC allrounder, which in this area I have no experience of, so she could fetch much more. Prices are so erratic these days
confused.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I didn't mean to offend, and you did ask for opinions, but pricing of horses is a very subjective and immotive subject
crazy.gif

I'm sure she is lovely, but I am just giving you an example of what else you might be able to get for your money.

It's what she's worth to you that's important though
smile.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Oh no didnt offend
smile.gif
no worries...yeh shes worth her weight in gold to me, really helped me get my confidence back and get back into competing! Won't be selling her just yet unless somthing drastic happens...

would like to try eventing maybe, put im a bit wimpish over solid cross country jumps lol...

Claireg9

Visit site
Id say no more than £6k, she does sound lovely though. But she hasn't competed much and at 9 i would of expected her to of done a bit more especially for £8k!
But its hard to think why wouldnt someone pay more when you know there ins and outs. Try to think what you'd pay for the equivelant if you didnt know her.
If thats £8k, try it, you never know!
Hope this helps,
and shes beautiful looking by the way x

Tempi

Visit site
for me she'd need to have a proven record around 1.30 tracks for her to be worth 8k, also she hasnt actually done any dressage yet so again not worth the 8k, id agree with rambo and say 5k. She sounds and looks lovely tho, but people these days want proven records.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
I would have thought around £6k as she will be 10 next year and although in the prime of her life, not worth as much as a 7 year old - even though she has low mileage. Her results are good, and show she is a true all rounder. If your trainer reckons she is worth £8k, then she may also have some contacts who would be willing to pay this for her.

However, assuming you are not selling her, then I wouldn't worry too much!

flower

Visit site
£23 BSJA at that age is not much - I take it she's not qualified for British Novice or Discovery regional finals at all? So on that basis she'd be more of a RC horse so about £5k maximum really.

Most people would want proven competition at affiliated levels to warrant that sort of money.

How is she bred?

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Yeh as I said shes only been competing this year really with me and only about 4/5 affliated shows. Shes placed at everything we've been to...Agree she prob would be classed as a great RC horse, which is what i also so with her
smile.gif
If i sold her thats how Id sell her, not as a 'showjumper' as such...

without looking at her papers not sure, she was brought over from Ireland...

Dovorian

Visit site
Everything has its price they say, but if somebody really falls in love with a horse for whatever reason, including potential, there is no limit what they may pay to get that animal. Logic can go out of the window especially is the horse is as lovely as yours. I've been horse hunting recently and have seen a huge variation in price and a few very interesting valuations to boot!

If you wanted to sell your mare and nice people offered your £8K would you sell her? That's the decision really in my opinion. She may be worth that and more to you?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Id say £5500, as she hasnt actually got any real competition stuff on paper. Like, yeah she jumps 1.30 at home but to me that would mean nothing unless they were jumping a decent height at competitions. And potential to do well in dressage, yet she hasnt actually done much yet. You know what I mean? She sounds lovely though and really a horse is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay!