Just realised how much hard work it is looking after 3 horses!!!

loulabelle

Visit site
I take my hats off to anyone who has 2 or more and does it all single handed.
I consider myself very luck that me and my partner are both horsey.
He has been working away for a week now and I've been the one holding the fort!
We both work (him full time and me 4 days a week) and also have a 2 year old son. He normal turns them out on his way to work in the mornings and we meet up the yard in the evenings to muck out etc.
I normally shy away from anything to physical but Ive been moving round bales of hay, lumping feed bags around and generally working my butt off!
I havent been this knackered since my boy was born, I'm either at work, at the yard!
All I can say is thank god he should be back this weekend. Atleast I hope he is taking one of our boys to his first show on Sunday

abracadabra

Visit site
my OH goes away on business too this week but as he does nothing helpful anyway it wont matter
smile.gif

couldnt manage if i had a child as well though,specially a 2 yr old
wink.gif

NR99

Visit site
Lucky you to have a horsey family, very jealous - ours is split the boys do motorbikes and the girls do horses. Although the OH was very good when I was sick and helped out but put my back out laughing we have been together 23 years and he has been told how to do headcollars and rugs but he puts it on in all sorts of directions, daughter always made him start with my mare as she tolerates him more than the gelding with his faffing still she is older now so only needs her dad for a lift
smile.gif

loulabelle

Visit site
I'm hoping my little boy contiues to like horses as he gets older, he loves grooming and helping us lead them out to the fields, infact sometimes he tries to be a little too helpful lol
I had given up horses for a few years before I got with my partner but his got me back into them. As much as I hate to admit it he is actually more knowlegeable than me when it comes to them (but then he is 7 years older
tongue.gif
)

haras

Visit site
LOL!

I don't have the 2 year old, but I do have 3 horses that I have to do on my own (DIY) all the time, as well as having a full time and part time job!

BUT

If you think 3 is bad, try doing 8 and all that when your friend is on holiday!!!!!!!!!

Great fun!

Enfys

Visit site
Just as you get into a routine he'll be back and mess you up!
smile.gif

There are times, especially in the dead of winter with 3' of snow drifting across the tracks to the field and 50kmh winds that I'd love to have just 3 horses.
frown.gif

My husband does a lot of the heavy stuff (I broke the tractor AND a gate taking round bales to the field once) for me, not because I can't do it, more because he doesn't want to have to mend any of his toys too often.

sallyellis

Visit site
LOL...it is hard work but you soon get used to it but it definately better when you have an extra pair of hands especially with youngsters. I have 3 horses, 2 of whom are babies and I do them mainly on my own but have to rope in my OH to hold them now and again... he is good for fencing and will lift bags of feed if I ask him nicely but mostly do all of it myself (still dont loose any weight though!) we also have 3 children, 3 dogs, 3 cats and 5 rabbits as the one which was abandoned in my field was preggers and we now only have 4 babies left. Hope the show goes well.

kal40

Visit site
Know how you feel. I have 3 to look after for a fortnight when parents are on holiday. We work together too so between the extra work and the 3 horsies, I'm knackered. OH has been very good too but he has lower standards than me or maybe its my OCD kicking in.

Its their turn next week - we are off on holiday for a week yay! can't wait.

Hippona

Visit site
Yep...3 horses on DIY, 2 kids, full time job.

Not easy- but I have my routine.....it involves not sleepin/eating or having a social life.

OH helps too - but not every day as his shifts dont allow. Frankly, I'm quicker without him!
grin.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
I've just sold 2 of mine and am now down to 3
frown.gif
TBH, I find it TOO quiet and easy now! Ive always had 4-5 horses for years. But then again, I keep mine out 24/7 so I never have to muck out! Highly recommend it.

Fizzimyst

www.catsprotection.co.uk
QR

I have two horses and a pony. I work full time and have a 6 year old.

I also volunteer for cats protection, look after all the fosterers and foster myself.

I find redbull and a glass of wine in the evenings help
tongue.gif

Through the week I am up at 4.30am and weekends I get up at 6.30am which is heaven
smile.gif

I am tired most of the time, but I guess its like anything, you get used to it and if you really want it, you get on with it lol
grin.gif

I've not got anyone to help me out
shocked.gif

ETA: Mine are on DIY, so stables to muck out and fields to poo pick. And my yard is 12.5 miles away. I do an average of 70 miles a day with stables twice a day and work
blush.gif

abracadabra

Visit site
all mine are going to be living out year round now so that will make things easier

*Frankly, I'm quicker without him!*
ditto this, although he doesnt help much, its probably my own fault
smile.gif
he has tried putting a bed down for me to be helpful and did a perfectly acceptable job but it wasnt how *i* do it (luckily he saw my twitching and said he wouldnt be offended if i changed it, haha)

and i'd rather deal with the youngsters on my own including backing them, and ive been known to shout at OH to GET OFF HIS MOUTH re a recently bitted colt he was leading...its not surprising he takes a back seat really
smile.gif