Just seen a really nasty accident

hellyt1

Visit site
From what i understand the girl has been riding at the same place as me for ages and was trying out one of their new school horses, she'd popped a small x pole on him and he wouldn't stop and went straight over the school gate which is about 4 foot and caught his back legs on it. Poor girl landed on her head on the concrete
shocked.gif
She has now been taken to A&E on a back board. Her hat was completely smashed up - how glad is she that she was wearing one! Hopefully she's ok, all just precautionary but it makes you think. sorry pointless post but it's really quite shaken me up, especially as my lesson was fraught too
blush.gif
I haven't come off for ages and the longer it is the worse i dread it cos i know it's going to happen at some point!!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
OMG, that does sound nasty, hope she will be ok. Thank god she was wearing a hat. It does make you think - how suddenly horse can do unexpected things.

allijudd

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
sorry pointless post but it's really quite shaken me up, especially as my lesson was fraught too
blush.gif
I haven't come off for ages and the longer it is the worse i dread it cos i know it's going to happen at some point!!

[/ QUOTE ]

it happens...it may never happen to you but if you stress and worry about it it will become more probable......

take care and take precuations..
im sure the girl will be ok but she will probably need you support alot when she is fit enough to ride again...

CastleMouse

Visit site
Oh god, the poor girl! I hope she's ok, thank goodness she was wearing a hat though, I don't even want to think what would've happened to her if she wasn't wearing one
frown.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
So good she was wearing a hat. I passed someone in the car the other day, riding on the road with no hat at all! God it made me cringe. Imagine your head hitting TARMAC. People can be so so stupid.

becca_chick

Visit site
O gosh hope shes ok, please let us know how shes doin, and dont fret about falling off its a natural thing to be scared and thinking about it will just make it worse so try and put it behind you!