Just seen Lee whinging on the Midlands nesw

TheFarmersWife

Visit site
I have to say that I was quite pleased he was the only member of the GB equestrian team not to get an individual gold. The man is arrogant. yes he's don't fantastically in the past but he can be totally obnoxious about it all. Whereas when I see the girls interviewed, they appear so excited and humbled by their experience.

mrussell

Visit site
Ive seen able bodied Pros continously whine about poor judging rather than just accept they werent the best on the day...so why should Lee be any different ? Afterall, a strong sense of self-belief is what makes some people exceptional... even if some of them are just plain deluded ;)

But if you really want to be cringed out of your skin, watch The Last Leg as they often play Lee's comment about what he feels when his horse goes well. Blurgh. TMI Lee !!

NoseyPosey

Visit site
I was always told that if you're really that good at something then you don't need to shout about it, otherwise you're only setting yourself up for embarrassment when you don't do so well.

Nobody likes a smart-@arse.

BBH

Visit site
I don't know the guy but arrogance is not an attractive quality in anyone no matter who you are.

Agree with whoever said the most successful people are the ones who are often very humble as they have nothing to prove and the confidence not to need to ' big' themselves up.

armchair_rider

Visit site
In fairness I think one of the judges did mark him down quite heftily.

Agree he doesn't come across well. Now how about a whinge-off between LP and Andrew Nicholson?

LizzieJ

Visit site
The scoring was pretty :eek: though and he wasn't the only one not to get an individual gold, Deb and Steph both got silvers too! He has often come across as very arrogant though.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
When it shows him on the bt clips during the adverts he comes across as quite arrogant esp compared to quite a lot of the other paras. Just my opinion though.

crabbymare

Visit site
The problem with seeing clips is that they will often be taken out of context of the whole conversation r interview so can sound worse than if the whole thing is shown. I dont particularly like the way he comes across sometimes but in this instance when you look at the scores it looks like he has a point as the one judge was a lot different to the others.

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
when you look at the scores it looks like he has a point as the one judge was a lot different to the others.

When competing at an international level, as a rider we expect all judges to be working from the same hymn sheet, so to speak. If they are not and the scores quite obviously prove this, then you would quite rightly wonder why and be a little upset about the situation. From a competitors point of view, it either was, or it wasn't, it can not be both.

mle22

Visit site
Oh for goodness sake leave the guy alone - why do so many people feel they have to have a dig at him at every opportunity!

Penniless

Visit site
Thought I was the only one in the country not to like him. Saw documentaries years ago on him and thought he was an arrogant so and so then, with a very big chip on his shoulder (yes, I know he's disabled) but this year, over the past six months or so, I've seen a documentary about him when he was belittling the other young English boy who had managed to beat him twice and sadly had no horse to compete on this year; I watched him in Come Dine with me and also in another programme on the disabled olympians, and in each and every programme, he came across really badly, and if I heard him say once more about how he had better get a Knighthood when he wins the Gold this year - well!

Credit where credit is due, I certainly couldn't do what he does even without his disabilities, but he really needed taking down a peg or two. Hopefully he may now realise that the British Dressage Team doesn't revolve around him.

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
If you look at the actual scores, you will see why he, quite rightly was a bit p*ssed off by the judge. If you do not understand the art of dressage, you can always send me a PM and I will be more than happy to explain it to you.

http://www.london2012.com/externalparamodules/EQ/pdf/EQX212101_C73DD.pdf

but perhaps seeing the true story is not as interesting as making one up!!

mle22

Visit site
Why would you want to take him down a peg or two - that's just nasty. The people who are posting anti him are much more horrible than he is.

Taome

New User
Visit site
In our house we love him.After following him for a few years found he has a dry humor that doesn't come across well.He had said before the paralympics not to expect too much as Gentleman could be a donkey sometimes.The media also built him up and there were great expectations which add to pressure on any competitor.His freestyle was not too good but I still find the difference in markings hard to fathom.Looking forward to seeing him with a new horse and may his humor continue as it is

D66

Visit site
He has a big personality, thats just the way he is. He rides a lot better than I do, is more dedicated and single minded and I admire him for that.

He has to put up with a load of bilge from the media who like to present him for their convenience but needs the exposure to get sponsorship. Would they be interested if he wasn't outrageous and why should he be quiet and humble because he's disabled?

MICHAELA8228

Visit site
[QUOTE But if you really want to be cringed out of your skin, watch The Last Leg as they often play Lee's comment about what he feels when his horse goes well. Blurgh. TMI Lee !![/QUOTE]

I thought that too!!!!! Lol!!!!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I have to say that I was quite pleased he was the only member of the GB equestrian team not to get an individual gold. The man is arrogant. yes he's don't fantastically in the past but he can be totally obnoxious about it all. Whereas when I see the girls interviewed, they appear so excited and humbled by their experience.

Have to agree with this!! I'd never really thought about the guy much TBH, but had admired him for his achievement, but after the recent TV documentary about him I'm afraid this rather showed his true colours unfortunately.

mle22

Visit site
He has a big personality, thats just the way he is. He rides a lot better than I do, is more dedicated and single minded and I admire him for that.

He has to put up with a load of bilge from the media who like to present him for their convenience but needs the exposure to get sponsorship. Would they be interested if he wasn't outrageous and why should he be quiet and humble because he's disabled?

Agree!

minesadouble

Visit site
There was a post on this forum ages ago (few years??) about how great he was and I happened to comment that whilst I admired his achievements I just could not 'like' him as a person - I nearly got lynched!!! I then posted saying that I couldn't help but wonder if I had said I didn't like an able bodied rider would it have met with the same reaction and all went quiet :)

For me he is just too keen to blow his own trumpet, I remember seeing him saying how much better he was than most able bodied riders - that may or not be the case but he should let others be the judge of that.

minesadouble

Visit site
Am not saying he's arrogant self important twot and do not wish him to be meek or humble but there is a wide spectrum between the two and he is certainly edging towards the wrong end of the scale.

Of course I do not know him personally but have seen plentiful tv footage where he certainly doesn't shy away from extolling his virtues. Those who are truly great prove their worth through their actions rather than expelling it from their voicebox. (unless they are a singer of course ;))

minesadouble

Visit site
EXACTLY we all KNOW his achievements - we don't need him to tell us how great he is. I've never heard Mary King, William Fox Pitt, Carl Hester, John Whittaker etc. etc. saying what amazing riders they are or that they are SOOO much better than the average rider - they don't feel the need. THAT is my point.

In fact most of our top able bodied riders are quick to minimise the role that they played in their victories and put it down to the horse that carried them!