Just to get an idea incase worst comes to worst

Overgrown Pony

Visit site
Also in New Lounge2

Hey guys

Some of you might remember the post I did a few weeks back about me trying for a baby and my beloved horse having to go once I fall pregnant. Well i'm still not 100% sure on what to do. I've been putting out my feelers for a loan home with friends and that will hopefully be a possibility.

If worst comes to worst and he has to go to someone else how much do you think I should advertise him for?

17.2hh rising 8 year old gelding (in siggy). Loads of presence. Fantastic to do in everyway. Done everything in the past year; cross country, showjumping, dressage, working hunter, endurance. Training with riding club every week. Total gent out hunting. Goes first or last. Bold but steady. Snaffle mouth. Great to hack out alone or in company. Good in traffic and around farm machinery. Will happily live in or out. Good to shoe, load, catch. Personality to die for, absolute honey

Dopeonarope

Visit site
Mine is very similar, just a different colour. He is WB papered but is not best confirmation wise. I paid £2300, thought it was a good deal.

Megan_T

Visit site
I reckon you could ask a little bit more... perhaps closer to £3,500-£4,000? How have his results been? Have a scout round on the internet for horses of a similar age and experience and see what they're going for. Don't forget, always ask for more than what you will take as any good buyer will try and knock you down a fair bit.

kate081

Visit site
Having just bought a horse I'd say 4k but depends on his record. It's NOT a buyers market as people would like to believe. He looks a nice type. Hope you don't have to sell.

Overgrown Pony

Visit site
We'll happily do a 3ft course and he's always placed. We're working our way up. He'll jump the top of the wings from trot on the lunge no bother so he has plenty scope.

Megan_T

Visit site
I'd def stick it on for around the £4,000 mark then Kimmy. You'll leave yourself a little bit of le-way then, should you have to come down at all. Having said that... My friend is now selling her daughters 15.2hh pony clubber for around the £5,500 mark.. so you could even ask for more. I think maybe Abbey is right.. horses are still moving about despite the 'credit munch'... Lol. But I'm sure you'll want to keep him if you can
smile.gif