Just Togs Mudruckers - DONT BOTHER!

jenz87

Visit site
I used to be a fan of the Just Togs Mudrucker Welly, my last pair lasted over a year before they started to break. I work on a yard so i wear them all day and i need a pair of hard wearing and warm boots!
I bought a new pair two months ago and within a month a hole started to appear, so i sent them back to be told that they have had "excessive use" and theyre not designed to be worn hour after hour in bad weather conditions.....

Im so mad, why pay almost £60 for a pair of boots to last less than 2 MONTHS!!
Terrible customer service and a total waste of money.

They have obviously changed their manufacturing as they used to last ages, but they refuse to accept this.

Waste of time, im so annoyed!

Capriole

Visit site
What a load of rubbish!

I dont blame you for being annoyed. I dont work on a yard as such, but do spend some hours a day every single day in my boots to do the horses, I wonder if thats unacceptable hard wear too?? Maybe if you only have one horse and wear them for exactly an hour a day thats more what theyre thinking is 'normal wear'.

jenz87

Visit site
Exactly my point - im glad someone agrees with me, im hopping!
It is this pair -
WBOOMDK_388_388_091001090940.jpg

Described as being hardwearing and durable, and "Perfect footwear for the hard working riders!" and at £60 id hope for at least 6 months!

Even if i wore them 24 hours a day and went to bed in them - within a month that shouldnt class as "excessive wear".

I bought them through a wholesaler and theyre holding their hands up and saying its up to Just Togs, who i have just said to please send this to me in writing!

Never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. My last pair lasted over a year of my "excessive wearing" habits that i apparently have.

Bah!

Skyebald

Visit site
I have 'Muck' boots for the same price and have been fab! A friend bought a pair of these thinking they were the same and they only lasted a few months

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
I got muck boots for my christmas and love them, hope they last longer than the just togs ones. i would be kicking up a fuss, that is terrible quality and terrible customer service. I would call and ask to speak to the manager of the wholesaler, your contract was with them, it is up to them to sort it with the manufacturer. Just keep going higher if you don't get good response, tell them you are contacting trading standards. I had a problem with the dublin high river boots and my tack shop sent them back to dublin for me to be looked at, i got the boots replaced. It didn't happen overnight but it did happen.

jenz87

Visit site
Thanks everyone i will look into taking it further! I dont expect them to last for ever but a month for £60 in my eyes isnt acceptable!

Ive had the Muckboots as well, and found them long lasting (as i did the Mudruckers with my last pair) but i found the sole to be extremely slippy on our clay soil as they were a sort of honeycomb design instead of the grooved style on Mudruckers. I ended up nearly breaking my neck with those - hence why i changed brand!!

Just been recommended ROK boots has anyone heard of these?

lucyc

Visit site
Thanks everyone i will look into taking it further! I dont expect them to last for ever but a month for £60 in my eyes isnt acceptable!

Ive had the Muckboots as well, and found them long lasting (as i did the Mudruckers with my last pair) but i found the sole to be extremely slippy on our clay soil as they were a sort of honeycomb design instead of the grooved style on Mudruckers. I ended up nearly breaking my neck with those - hence why i changed brand!!

Just been recommended ROK boots has anyone heard of these?

I work at a trekking centre and one of the girls there has had the riding muck boots and the normal muck boots and she said that the riding muck boots are grippier, hence why I got the riding muck boots :)

Feathered

Visit site
I've had the same problem with my Tayberry Muddies, which are exactly the same as the mudruckers, just rebranded I assume.

First pair I had lasted over 2 years of everyday wear before they started leaking, my dad bought me a new pair for Xmas 2010, I told him exactly the same again cos they'd been so brill and well worth the money, but less than 6 months later cracks started appearing, not happy!

So I agree that they seem to have cheapened them somewhat!

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
This seems to have happened with so many rubber boots. I think they are using a cheaper, lower grade rubber. I was a hunter fan, used to wear through the soles, but then had two pairs crack at the ankle both within a few months. Daughter had a pair of Joules union Jack wellies which did two months. I am now a fan of Muck Boot Tynes (riding ones) last two pairs have done two years each of daily wear, yes, even in the summer!

Pedantic

Visit site
This seems to have happened with so many rubber boots. I think they are using a cheaper, lower grade rubber. I was a hunter fan, used to wear through the soles, but then had two pairs crack at the ankle both within a few months. Daughter had a pair of Joules union Jack wellies which did two months. I am now a fan of Muck Boot Tynes (riding ones) last two pairs have done two years each of daily wear, yes, even in the summer!

Same here just this xmas, think they were £78.00, they better last like the last ones or they will be going back.

Hairy Old Cob

Visit site
Demand your money back as the boots are not fit for purpose be polite but fifm and make them realise you are not going to be fobbed off or you will go to trading standards.
I have a pair of Muck Boot Tynes(the riding style) and they have lasted well over 5 years but I dont wear them that much I prefer my Dubarryies.

Any problems threaten them the Hairy Old Cob:eek: I like taking back Sub Standard Goods everthing today seems to be Cheaply Made in China:mad:

scrunchie

Visit site
I got my wellies for £15 in a farm shop and I'm still wearing them 5 years later. :cool: :D

Wouldn't touch the posh brands with a barge pole!!! :p

Last edited:

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Last edited:

Pedantic

Visit site

becca1305

Visit site
I asked for a pair of muck boot tynes for xmas. I was sick and tired of getting mud covered leather riding boots and damp cold feet so got a pair for winter hacking that I can also muck out, go into the field in and that keep my tootsies warm as my hunters are hopeless in winter. So far they are doing all that. Haven't majority tested the longevity yet as they were an xmas pressie but so far Im chuffed with them :).

I would definitely be going down the trading standards route with yours if the manufacturer won't sort it- disgraceful customer service and stupid of them as it puts you off buying other products of theirs in the future!