just wanted to say thankyou

spooks

Visit site
was on the yard this evening doing the feeds when my daughter called me over after hearing the horse next to ours making weird noises,she called me across as he was bringing up lots of phlegm like stuff.he was also gagging and looking generally uncomfortable..now i wouldnt have had a clue except i have read posts on here regarding choke and i figured this is what the horse was suffering with..i called my vet as a precaution and also to find out if there was anything we could do to help the horse while we waited for his owner to arrive. the vet confirmed it did sound like choke and advised us,by the time the owner turned up he had been like it approx 20 mins, after another 10 or so the horse went down so owner called the vet as he rarely lays down when there are people about. before the vet got there he was up on his feet again and much brighter in himself so we assumed he had cleared the blockage..the vet arrived and flushed him out and gave her painkillers for his throat..
it turned out that the owner had asked someone to feed him as her car had broken down and he was fed his food dry , the person who fed him feeds hers dry chaff and must of thought he was fed his dry.
as i said it was thanks to posts on here that i recognised what this horse had and could act accordingly...
the horse is fine now ,if not a little sore.