Just watched my baby fall over 3 times in 5 mins!

Ginn

Visit site
Aww, my poor horse. Feeling like such a terrible mum right now.
frown.gif
Today was the day when her temporary companion went home (and I didn't realsie until 5 minutes after I'd finnished work and 10 minutes before she went!).

Went straight to Tilly's stable and gave her a big cuddle followed by a dose of sedalin. Then turned her out in a paddock which is edged with 8ft hedges while Mary was loaded up. Well the poor girl went mad as Mary was loaded up - running round frantically, screaming her little lungs out and managed to put herslef on the floor 3 times in the space of 5 minutes! All I could do was stand and watch
frown.gif
. Managed to persuade her to eat something once the lorry had left and then left her to it while I mucked out the stables. By the time I'd done that the sedalin had started to kick in so I let her out into the main paddock with some nice long grass opened up and watched her while I poo-picked the paddocks. She looked a little stiff and very confused bless her - thank god we had rain this morning as although the ground was slippy it was also soft.

Please reassure me she'll be ok. She was eating quietly when I left her and I will pop back up in a few hours to check on her but god do I feel sick
frown.gif

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
She'll be alright. J was seperated from his long term companion last year and after awhile he was fine. It is stressful for them though, and not nice to watch. Try not to worry too much.

KatB

Visit site
Ah hon, its horrible to watch, but she will be ok. Have you been up to check her again yet? She will be feeling down in the dumps for a while, but will soon cheer up. Chin up hon. xx

Peanot

Visit site
It`s a horrible thing to watch, when your baby is so upset. My heart goes out to you and your horse, but she will get over it. Is there anything else that she can be with?

Ginn

Visit site
Well she was fine when I checked her later last night and have just got back this morning and although the sedalin has worn off as she's quite edgey she's ok. No lameness, no heat, lumps, bumps or cuts on legs/hips/shoulders etc. So thats good. Hopefully by the other side of the weekend she'll be more settled. Felt terrible leaving her as she stood by the gate and whinnied like made as I got in the car and drove off
frown.gif