Just when I thought...

Bri

Visit site
...things couldn't get any worse?!

Well guess what they went and did?

Yep that's right...got a hell of a lot worse.

Not only is Sid very lame and very psychotic.
He's also now sporting a lump the same size and as hard as a golf ball under his jaw...

Spoken to vet...could be strangles..
frown.gif
frown.gif

I think I've seriously p*ssed of the gods!

x_Hannah_x

Visit site
Oh my effing God!!
frown.gif
That is sods bloody law I tell you. I cant believe what you and Sid have been through, Im thinking of you, PM me any time, ok? Im so sorry to hear that hun xxxx

Bossanova

Visit site
Have they got any further in finding out what the hind problem is? Is he on his toes due to being kept in do you think?
Really really feel for you
frown.gif

Ginn

Visit site
Oh sweetie, You really are having a rough time of it lately.

Big hugs - if you fancy a moan or a chat you've got my number or you can just pm me.

*big huggles* to you both xxx

Bri

Visit site
Thanks Boss.

And no luck with lameness diagnosis yet. He blocked out at foot again, but when ridden whilst nerve blocked he continued his bucking,rearing,twisting behaviour and was markedly lame.
Vet want's him to have a bone scan and mri up at newmarket.

Looks like he's going to have to wait though if he has got strangles
frown.gif

And he's not even in, Vet advised it was better he was out because of his behaviour!

Bossanova

Visit site
Is he on any bute?
Bone scans sound good, so does he trot up sound when they block the foot out? Is it just the one leg or does he look wrong on the other when the bad one's blocked out?

Bri

Visit site
He was, but Vet thought it was better he could feel the pain if he was going to be turned out, to stop him pratting around and making himself worse.
He always used to play and charge about, then since this has all started he's just grazed very quietly and shuffled around so he's obviously feeling it.
Except this week he's been galloping around, jumping fences, throwing himself against stable walls and generally behaving very strangely.

Wasn't completely sound on trot up, but definitley a significant improvement. Flexions he seems to be fine on other leg, but when he comes out of the stable in the morning he hobbles on both
confused.gif

KJJ

Visit site
Oh hunni, my biggest sympathies!!

Strangles is a horrid horrid thing.... lets just hope that 'golf ball' bursts and releaves the pressure for your poor boy - it's not very nice when it does but they feel a heck of alot better.

Is he feeling down?
How long has he had the lump?
Horse at my yard had lump 2-3 days before it really effected his demeanour.... it rally knocked him for six.... bute was a MUST to help with the pain.... however your in a catch 22 with the whizzing around?!?
crazy.gif

Keep us posted... and if there is anything you want to ask... go for it!! Been there!!

Xxx

Bri

Visit site
Thanks hun!

Noticed the lump this evening, but YO did him yesterday so could have had it then.
He doesn't seem to have any other signs yet. His behaviour has changed significantly but we're now not sure whether it's down to possible strangles or the lameness.

Vet advised us to use clay poultice to bring it to a head, have started him on bute.
Just all seems a bit strange, something that happens to other people but never you if you know what I mean?

KJJ

Visit site
I know!! Same as us... an no1 really comes/goes out at opur yard.... it's ended up being a carrier at the yard... a pony that could have had strangles virus n her system for up to 10yrs.

One thing I'd recommend now to start (if he isn't already on something) get him a immune booster something like Redcell or IronXell, Jags got rainscald recently and I think it was due to his low immune system.

I do hope it's not strangles hun but it certainly sounds like the same symptoms as the other horse at my yard that present externally. xxx