Just when you think you have it all sussed...

WelshD

Visit site
life throws you a curve ball.

I bought a pony earlier in the week from a lovely breeder

I had a choice of two and it was not easy making a decision but my head ruled and I went for the 'common sense' option of a three year old bay show pony type, bays tend to do well in the show ring and three is a nice age. decision made, money paid, job done.

I set out this morning to bring home my bay pony

So does anyone want to tell me how this five year old chestnut is in my field instead?

Heart ruled head I'm afraid!

Meet British riding pony 'Ruby' :D she strolled off the lorry like she owned the place and just slotted straight in

600b7148-c724-4f95-bed4-3ea047a6e439_zpsjmeirsle.jpg

350e5537-dce8-4e99-b412-9ef5bbccc553_zpsn9z4plgw.jpg

732d0b6f-48f4-4567-ba77-916aa2222651_zps5k9sadri.jpg

c1516f48-5ad3-47ad-a222-22ef2b5769eb_zpszyepwhcs.jpg

WelshD

Visit site
I didn't get both - I would have been heading for divorce if I did. The chestnut just seemed the 'right' fit for us

The bay will find a good home I'm sure - I fully expect to see her out at the big shows at some point

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Oh goodness that is so funny..all that soul searching and grown up comparison of the two. She is lovely looking..did the seller not mind you changing your mind? I have visions of them preparing bay pony all clean and shiny and ready for collection and you turning up and taking unprepared chestnut straight from the field tee hee. As others HHO ers said to me...they choose us!

Annagain

Visit site
She has such a pretty face I can understand why you had to have her! I'm sure bay pony will find just as good a home too.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
You made the classic mistake. When are horses ever bought with head over heart. Normally the heart convinces the head it should rethink the decision and then come to a new conclusion based on very iffy data.

J&S

Visit site
That is one very pretty pony! I know how it can happen, I went to buy another NF and came home with a young coloured without an iota of native in her.

WelshD

Visit site
Oh goodness that is so funny..all that soul searching and grown up comparison of the two. She is lovely looking..did the seller not mind you changing your mind? I have visions of them preparing bay pony all clean and shiny and ready for collection and you turning up and taking unprepared chestnut straight from the field tee hee. As others HHO ers said to me...they choose us!

No it was fine. the lady was fabulous and was very happy to make the change

Ruby (the pony) has been super today, she spent some of the day alone with no fuss, such a calm happy pony!