Just wondering...

Hanz

Visit site
To run my own livery yard what sort of insurance would I have t take out, and how do I go about setting one up?

Thanks

airedale

Visit site
public liability, employers liability

insurance is the last of your problems

if you let anyone ride your horse or pony and give them a lesson you also need to register as a riding school (see a recent edition of nag and dog or search the website)

financially - big answer - don't do it !!!!!!

insurance will be the least of your problems.........and if you are going to be paying rent for the site and charging on top of that you'll be working d**n hard to cover the rent, insurance, business rates, etc before you even earn yourself a living

most 'successful' livery yards are owned, not rented, as the rent just kills all the margins stone dead these days

also - under the newly signed animal welfare bill you will have to be licensed by the local authority and be inspected by a council official and also a vet !!!

Hanz

Visit site
Great, thanks for the boost
tongue.gif

Well I am going to save up to buy my own place, then gradually build around 10 stables as I earn enough money. I also want to take horses in for schooling and also be a freelance instructor to get a bit more lowie.

Once it is up and running though it would be nice to just sit on my ass all day and earn £20 per week times ten
grin.gif