Just wondering

MillionDollar

Visit site
I totally agree with you it is ridiculous, it would save a lot of heart ache. How awful though it must have been terrible. What is actually wrong with your horse if you don't mind me asking??

Enjoy your champagne sounds as if you deserve it!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
She said he had mild navicular, which I was prepered to take him on the basis on as he was sound at viewing and I have had navvy horses before so am aware of everything blah blah blah

He was branded with LOU the day before I picked him up (which would indicate his condition was actually worse than it was) but no one will tell me anything. Its not Bruce by the way...another one.

The horse has now been sold (at a loss) to a friend for light hacking...bit of a f*ck up...

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I have not read your letter, but If you are saying we as new owners should be allowed info as to previous treatment, I agree. I think it ridiculous that an animal's treatment history can not be disclosed because of these new laws about disclosures. For heavens sake's it could actually help the poor horse if the new owner had some idea of what had happened in it's past. I have this situation with the mare we got earlier this year. For some reason one of her owners did not keep up with the vacinations & because there were other issues, I wanted to know if the vets centre could provide this. I also wanted to know if the last listed owner was the one that had arranged the start of the course again. Anyway did not mean to ramble on & it probably has nothing to do with your letter, sorry...

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Haven't got the mag yet but it sounds like a good plan to me!

It's a bit useless knowing it had a jab - but for what? there are no details put down in a passport, you're lucky if you get any jabs recorded other than flu/tet ones.
There should be something like a diary included inside each passport which had to be filled in with any veterinary treatment, also worming record too - but it'll only be conscientious owners who would bother to fill it in I suppose! Can just see Westview doing it, can't you?!
frown.gif

Bess

Visit site
I did read your letter and thought back to when I bought my current horse. I was able to get my vet to phone their vet and check its vet history, just made it all a bit less unknown. But as you said in your letter that required the permission of the person selling. I think you made a very valid point.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Haven't seen the mag but i totally agree with you!!!

When i sold my last horse who had a few problems i sold him with every vet report and invoice going so that the new owners could see exactly what treatment he had done. My horses best interests were at heart so i wanted his new owners to know exactly where they were gettig into.