Just wondering

filly190

Visit site
Probably not go as far as reporting, depends on situation. If at a show, and I was disgusted, then the show organisers could be made aware.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if it was at an affiliated show, you'd report it to the stewards...

[/ QUOTE ]

You could report it to the stewards at any show!

I'm not sure - my reaction is to answer yes, although I have been at shows and not been happy about others riding of their horse but not felt it was bad enough for me to be able to complain so i'm not sure at what point I would actually complain.
Sometimes you may go home, think about it and decide that actually you wish you had complained and so write a letter or you may not want to complain as such but afterwards write just so that your observations are noted.
I don't think I would write, if I had something to say then I would just say it but i'm not sure at what point along the spectrum being tough turns into being cruel and therefore needs action!!

KatB

Visit site
I think it is something we are all guilty of turning a blind eye to things we are unhappy or disgusted at. I would like to say I would report to stewards, but I know realistically unless it really upset me, I wouldnt.

kildalton

Visit site
My friend went up to a girl beating the sh!t out of a pony (for nothing as far as we could see) and said to her "He's supposed to be the one with the small brain, not you!) That stopped her. We reported her to the stewards as well.

Agent XXX999

Visit site
I don’t know if I made myself clear – I was thinking about the Sue Carson situation and wanted to know how people would deal with it if they were in a similar situation….

KatB

Visit site
Yep though you were!
grin.gif
My answer stays the same, but If I did report, it would prob be how people did through writing to BD.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I didn't read that Sue Carson thread but if it was me i would usually mutter something under my breath but loud enough for them to hear.

For exampl I saw a girl at a show jump a JO on her pony, girl was making the pony go flat out and the girl couldn't turn in time for a jump and the pony jumped another jump backwards (honest little pony i say) but the girl got the right ump about being elimiated and started sawing the pony in the mouth and screaming 'i hate this pony'. So as she went passed a said 'course its nothing to do with the rider or anything though is it' all sarcastically. The girl heard and threw me an evil but it stopped her sawing the pony in the gob.

Agent XXX999

Visit site
I have witnessed that sort of thing – infact I have held a pony whilst the child’s mother smacked it as hard as the child had just smacked the pony – in the main ring of Pachesham! Needless to say it worked as I never saw that child beat the pony out of frustration again….

But I was wondering about adult behaviour!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
A professional rider beat his horse numerous times in the arena at Hickstead, I think it was last year. He then must have realised what he'd done, where he's done it & it was on TV so he then patted the horse. He was still called to the see the stewards though & rightly so.
mad.gif

Most of the time it's the rider who has caused the problem, turning in to short, wrong stride etc, only occasionally is it the horse.
frown.gif