Jute Rug????

Henmen

Visit site
Please excuse my stupidity, but what on earth is a Jute Rug????
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh goad, I remember having jute rugs on the ponies when we were young, bloody heavy things especially when caked with mud!

How I'm glad those days are over! You use to use blankets underneath that had to be folder correctly or they had to be folded again?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If they are back by popular demand, the demand must have been from the makers. They were horrible things. To actually remember them really says something about how old you are ....unfortunately I do remember them.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

penniecrawford

New User
Visit site
a jute rug is a fairly heavy weight rug made of sackcloth and lined with a rough grey blanket type of material.
I used them all the time as A LITTLE GIRL!!! <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr /> <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr /> <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr /> <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr /> <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr /> <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr />

piaffe

Visit site
Ohhh I loved jute rugs! might have a look on ebay!

Easy to wash, look after and i have plently of big ole blankets to put underneath. Love the look of the big blanket folded over the neck and secured by a roller. Oooooh, makes me feel all wintery!
grin.gif