Katie price on mag cover

Equi

Visit site
Her most recent tweet states that it is one of her dreams to get on the cover of horse and hound.

Em.

Thoughts? ;)

Moomin1

Visit site
Who cares? If it's her dream, then who are you or any of us to take the mick out of it? I'm quite sure her horses get the best of care so what does it really matter?

Theocat

Visit site
Me too. Stupid, crappy me with my dirty grey donkey, how dare I have dreams? Feel free to mock me in public.

Princess16

Visit site
Say what you like about her but I do believe she loves her horses and kids for that matter. So if that is her dream who are we to judge. I'm sure she knows how people perceive her but I'm sure she wants to be on the cover purely for her horsemanship and nothing else.

twiggy2

Visit site
She is a strong woman who has had the drive and brains to be famous and rich long after her modelling years, she is as far removed from what I am as anyone could be but I have huge admiration for her. far lesser riders have been on the front of the mag-good luck to her.

Equi

Visit site
I'll never take her seriously as a horse woman - not after some of the things I've heard. But fair enough.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Her most recent tweet states that it is one of her dreams to get on the cover of horse and hound.

Em.

Thoughts? ;)

If that happens.
Horse and hound won't be able to be taken seriously any more.

Yes it might be her dream, and lots if others too.
But does she deserve it?
Or has she earned it?
No!

Sorry I don't like her.
I don't know her personally but from what I see and heard she not the right sort of person.

littleshetland

Visit site
Actually, having met her once, she's very nice. I can only admire her determination to do well in life. She's not a bad rider at all and does seem to really love her horses. There are a lot more 'celebrities' out there appearing on the covers of various magazines who are probably far less deserving of their status than she is. Perhaps she represents the vast majority of people who strive very hard for success in the 'horsey' world, but for all sorts of reasons, it eludes them. In many ways it's harder for her - every time she goes out to compete, she's going to be the target for a lot more criticism than the rest of us....

luckyoldme

Visit site
If that happens.

But does she deserve it?
Or has she earned it?
No!

Sorry I don't like her.
I don't know her personally but from what I see and heard she not the right sort of person.

Just out of curiosity why is she not the right sort of person?
Im not her biggest fan i admit but i would have thought that if she did manage to get onto the front cover of h&h through her own merit then whats the problem.?

chocolategirl

Visit site
Anyone who can manage sitting trot with a chest that size and avoid regular black eyes, deserves a medal let alone a picture on the cover of horse and hound! I have still yet to find out how to avoid this affliction! Seriously though, I'm not fussed on her if I'm totally honest. I used to like her till the whole cage fighter/Peter Andre/face altering etc etc phases then I just kind of lost any respect I did originally have for her. Preferred her when she was just an honest to goodness topless model! And not in an inappropriate way I can assure you! LOL.

littleshetland

Visit site
The one thing she does have is very good business acumen - she works on the old adage 'all publicity is good publicity'. She does a lot of good deeds for people (that go un publicised) and however much she's laughed at, she's laughing harder...all the way to the bank! And she is very passionate about her horses.

oldie48

Visit site
There's lots of people I'd not want to see on the cover of H&H but KP doesn't make into the list and the list is private. Actually I've got a sneaking admiration for her ability to keep reinventing herself! I opened this thread thinking "here we go", expecting loads of bad mouthing but no I was wrong. It's so much nicer to read supportive comments. Happy New Year!

Tern

Visit site
To be honest, I don't really like her with all this plastic surgery - the way she felt she needed to alter her looks when she was pretty before (IMO).. I as others, believe she loves her horses more than some normal people and loves her kids! Just watch "What Katie Did Next" .. Actually makes a nice watch into her life.

Elbie

Visit site
I think she has a bit of a bad press around some horsey folk as every little thing she does is in the papers. Like when she competed in a dressage competition, the papers were all over it, talking about whether she could be in the olympics etc when she was competing in a Novice level test. So when the press bang on about how wonderful she is, I think the attitude is a bit "so what"?

However, she does work hard, doesn't expect the world to be handed to her on a plate and if she dreams of being on the cover of H&H one day then what's wrong with having that goal.

gembear

Visit site
If that happens.

But does she deserve it?
Or has she earned it?
No!

Sorry I don't like her.

You come across as snobby and bitter tbh.

Jazzy B

Visit site
Maybe having Katie P on the front cover alongside Charlotte would be an inspiring front cover to a lot of young people out there!

Last edited:

RunToEarth

Visit site
I'll never take her seriously as a horse woman - not after some of the things I've heard. But fair enough.

I don't agree with some of the practices Anky VG practices but that doesn't stop her being on H&H's cover.

To be honest this thread is demonstrative of bitchy horse women - the girl has a dream, who are you to scoff her, have you any more chance of becoming H&H's cover?

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Not having seen a copy of H&H in the shops for months - I wouldn't have a clue if, or when she achieves her ambition.

Illusion100

Visit site
I admire that she has made a success of her career, is a capable business woman and knows how to promote herself but I don't really have much respect of her as a horsewoman.

I remember watching her at HOYS? and felt she made a mockery of the occasion. I found her choice to not wear proper attire to be disrespectful. I think what annoyed me most was that it was her celebrity status that got her there and the pigtails etc just made it a farce. I don't think it set a good example.

Maybe I'm just old school but I would regard being given the opportunity she had to ride at such a high profile event, she should have had more respect for tradition and etiquette. For most people, years of blood, sweat and tears earn you that privelige and you at least dress appropriately.

So for me, she would really have to earn the right to be on the magazine cover, otherwise credibility would be compromised. That said, it wouldn't affect my life either way! :D

Luci07

Visit site
Fair play to her. The closest I have got to any mention in H&H was when my comment on this forum regarding me wearing Bridget Jones knickers when riding was printed. Ho hum...

I have a lot of respect for her. Don't agree with all she does but she has worked hard and consistently to get what she has and no one has handed it to her. In that way, she is an excellent role model. KP gets press but can't see H&H putting her on the cover without merit. Maybe she meant she would like to be in a position whereby she would be considered.

Equi

Visit site
I don't agree with some of the practices Anky VG practices but that doesn't stop her being on H&H's cover.

To be honest this thread is demonstrative of bitchy horse women - the girl has a dream, who are you to scoff her, have you any more chance of becoming H&H's cover?

No but I don't aspire to be either. Call me a bitch if you wish but it's still my opinion - I wouldn't want to see her on the cover.

Equi

Visit site
I admire that she has made a success of her career, is a capable business woman and knows how to promote herself but I don't really have much respect of her as a horsewoman.

I remember watching her at HOYS? and felt she made a mockery of the occasion. I found her choice to not wear proper attire to be disrespectful. I think what annoyed me most was that it was her celebrity status that got her there and the pigtails etc just made it a farce. I don't think it set a good example.

Maybe I'm just old school but I would regard being given the opportunity she had to ride at such a high profile event, she should have had more respect for tradition and etiquette. For most people, years of blood, sweat and tears earn you that privelige and you at least dress appropriately.

So for me, she would really have to earn the right to be on the magazine cover, otherwise credibility would be compromised. That said, it wouldn't affect my life either way! :D
Agree with everything said here.

Rapidash

Visit site
I admire her- she's worked hard for everything she's got. I'd rather her than some 5th earl of wherever that h n h sometimes drools over.

Let's not forget, it would only be one cover out of 52 a year. An article on her and her horses would be more interesting than another bay horse's head staring into the distance which seems to be on most covers.

"Haters gonna hate" I think applies here to those sneering about her not being the right sort of person!