Keep an eye out for this man but stay away

echodomino

Visit site
His dog attacked a CKCS, it's a Staffy type/Staffy cross and was off the lead with no collar. The CKCS is badly wounded but home now. It's circulating Facebook.

Also, it's the guy in the blue coat and his gf, the one in the hat was helping to get the CKCS free.

483724_10200813965567229_1738327447_n.jpg

576648_10200816633633929_1587414108_n.jpg

maisiemoo

Visit site
Saw this on FB earlier, curious as to who was just standing their taking pictures casually instead of stamping on the staffies fat ugly head , something not right about this, hope the cavi makes a speedy recovery .

{97702}

Visit site
Saw this on FB earlier, curious as to who was just standing their taking pictures casually instead of stamping on the staffies fat ugly head , something not right about this, hope the cavi makes a speedy recovery .

That was exactly what I said when I saw this on FB - makes me seriously wonder about the owner of the cavalier that they stood taking pictures :eek::confused::confused::confused: I know that it is difficult to break up that sort of attack, but I would have been doing EVERYTHING I could think of :(

tessybear

Visit site
That was exactly what I said when I saw this on FB - makes me seriously wonder about the owner of the cavalier that they stood taking pictures :eek::confused::confused::confused: I know that it is difficult to break up that sort of attack, but I would have been doing EVERYTHING I could think of :(

Evidence i suppose :/ we knew of a dog trainer that swore by sticking your fingers up the attacking dogs backside as it's a shock and they let go.....:eek::eek::confused:

Nicnac

Visit site
All very well saying keep a look out and stay away, but would help if you said where this was?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Its Biddenham, Bedfordshire and the owner was bitten when she tried to separate them. From the photos Ive seen on fb the owner of the attacking dog didnt try very hard to stop it and its my belief it was always his intention for his dog to kill that little dog. If I was there I would have found a stick and rammed it up that dogs a**e, it has just made me incredibley angry. This attack went on for about half an hour and the owner of the Staffy x gave a false name to the woman. Its also rather shocking to know although it was reported to the police they are not going to interview the woman until tomorrow which leaves me to believe they are not taking it seriously.

Venevidivici

Visit site
It's too easy for someone like this to give false details. I say well done to whoever took the photo-perhaps it will help in police action. (To those who critcised&said what owner took photos instead of helping dog,the staffy/x is clearly not attacking in this photo(tho straining on lead towards something) so is have said it was after,when words were being exchanged??) I would do the same once I'd got my dog safe. I hope some punishment is meted out&little dog recovers well.

finnywinny

www.earthwisegardens.com
I saw this on FB earlier and it deeply upset and disturbed me. I have two beloved whippets and my imagination couldn't stop thinking of what if....

But how do we know it was the spaniels owner who took the pics? Maybe another helper or bystander?

Sometimes it feels as if nothing is safe in this world - children, our horses, our pets. Everything is vulnerable to the evil side of human nature.

going to bed depressed....

Copperpot

Visit site
I live fairly near here and have seen the spaniel owners fb page and it was her who took the pictures.

Staffys are not ugly, nasty dogs and to the poster who said they are, your looking at the wrong end of the lead. People like this man give them a bad name. He has the dog I would guess to make him look and feel "hard".

The lady said the attack went on for 25 mins. Tbh if it did and the other dog meant it, the spaniel would be dead.

It's a horrible thing to have happened and I do hope something is done, but it will be the poor dog who gets punished and the owner will get a slap on the wrist and get another dog!

If this had been another breed of dog who attacked the spaniel I doubt it would have gone viral. But a few people mention the word pit bull type and hysteria breaks out.

From what I've read the spaniel is recovering well.

{97702}

Visit site
I can't quote as on my phone, but Venevidivici there are other pictures on FB which show the staffy x with the cavalier in its mouth :( And Finnywinny the owner herself has posted on FB saying she took the pictures :(

Those poor dogs - the staffy x for being failed by an idiot owner (using polite words!) and the injured cavalier :(

welshcobnewbie

Visit site
Staffys are not ugly, nasty dogs and to the poster who said they are, your looking at the wrong end of the lead. People like this man give them a bad name. He has the dog I would guess to make him look and feel "hard".

It's a horrible thing to have happened and I do hope something is done, but it will be the poor dog who gets punished and the owner will get a slap on the wrist and get another dog!

If this had been another breed of dog who attacked the spaniel I doubt it would have gone viral. But a few people mention the word pit bull type and hysteria breaks out.

^^ this is sadly the truth.

our yard owner has a full american pit bull, they fought hard for many months i believe to get him back off the authorities. He is neutered ,tattooed and microchipped.
As he has been brought up the correct way he is the softest lump of mush going, he has no problem with any of the dogs he lives with, or any on the yard that belong to other people.

It is such a shame scum like this have any animal.

maisiemoo

Visit site
Still think this was set up , the owner stood their while the staff x had her dog in it's mouth, WTF ! , the whole thing is too odd , not saying that all staffies are ugly and evil , we have several do come to agility and are fabulous little dogs, but that dog through no fault of it's own is a killer and needs to be destroyed , it has been encouraged to behave in such a manner , maybe a child next time ?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Any dog attacking another as this dog was is a nasty ugly dog regardless of breed and that also goes for the owner.

It makes my blood run cold,, what if a child was walking the spaniel they may well have got bitten trying to save this dog as the owner was. Just because dogs are dog aggressive it dosnt make them aggressive to people.

I know the police are not interested in dog on dog attack but the fact the owner got bitten would make you hope they would be more proactive.

CeeBee

Visit site
I don't think anthing will happen about this. I'm sure the attacking dog's owner will be found and given a talking to, but doubt if anything else will happen, unless of course they can prove it is a 'banned' dog - in this case possibly a pit-bull.
I feel very sorry for the poor spaniel and hope he continues to make a good recovery. It must have been horrific for the owner too - although I am shocked she was able to film and take photos - that wouldn't have been the first thing on my mind to do.
I also feel very, sorry for the attacking dog. As a stafford owner myself, I know only too well what a bad press they get and although mine are good other dogs, I am always aware that other dog owners can be wary of them. If I thought for a minute that my dogs were a danger to other dogs, I would muzzle them.
And dare I say it, there are two sides to every story and unless at the scene, we only have the poor spaniel owners side.
The boy covered in blood holding the attacking dog looks shocked and upset to me. I can only go by the photos I have seen, but it looks as though he must have tried very hard to regain control of his dog. And once under control, the dog is on a chain lead. Is it possible the dog was on a lead, but slipped his collar and that is how the attack happened? Yes, if aggressive it should have been muzzled and yes if it slipped the lead, the collar wasn't tight enough, but there are many owners who know their dogs are aggressive but still don't muzzle them. We don't know for sure it was a deliberate act.
I wasn't there, so just playing devils advocate and this boy is definitely being hunted. Is it possible he had only recently got the dog and genuinely didn't know it would respond to other dogs like that? So many people who own dogs really don't have a clue about dog behaviour. :(

lottiepony

Visit site
Have to agree with those who have said about the owner taking the photos - who in their right mind first thought would be to get their phone out?? A horrible situation don't get me wrong and I hope the little spaniel makes a full recovery but there are so many odd things hanging around this that I just can't get my head round

bubbilygum

Visit site
I read a post on Twitter that Bedfordshire police had found this man and had both him AND the dog now? I will try and find the statement!

Edited to add tweet from Bedfordshire Police:

@bedspolice: #Biddenham #Dog bite incident We have received an identification for the owner of offending dog. We will progress with enquiries. Thanks

Last edited:

Riz

Visit site
I live near Biddenham & the lady and i have friends in common on facebook-i was very shocked at first that she had managed to take pictures of the guy but as she said, it was a drawn out attack & she wasn't convinced that the guy would give her his honest details....awful thing to happen & quite typical of the local scum of Bedford (i'm not a fan of the place!!).

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
When my dog was attacked by a Staff the last thing I was thinking of was taking photo's. I cannot believe the owner was in a fit state to stop and take a picture.

Me, I was trying to rip the dogs apart with my bare hands while covered in blood. My dog nearly died, if I'd had time to take a picture she would not have survived.

How very strange.

CAYLA

Visit site
The full scale of the attack was bad and the other pictures are pretty horrific, at one point the cavs tongue is blue, the staffy is clamped onto its back leg and the cavi obs not retaliating (as in general they are a breed) not renound for aggression even in defending, so it looks horrid.
There was 2 other big men who interveined and mde the dog owner stand for the picture to be taken (they can be seen standing behind him) almost forcing him to stand still. He does not look shocked to me, more scared to budge incase the big fellas grab him.
IMO this dog is used to attacking and often does it without any rebound/consiquence, they are the sort who find they big strong dog amusing to see attacking other dogs (generally lone walkers) with smaller dogs. This woman was screaming hence the other men coming to her aid (otherwise the cavi would be dead) thats pretty obvious.
The staff was (off lead) the lead was only put on after the attack!!!! why would you have such a dangerous dog (off lead) in a public area, unless you found it's attacking (clever/amusing)?? if I saw any dog attack another the way this one did I would be appalled , for the safety of other dogs I think the dog sadly should be pts or placed in capable hands and muzzled at all times when out in public and the owner shooting.
I agree re the picture taking it would be my last thought, however I do applaud her for getting such evidence.

CAYLA

Visit site
When my dog was attacked by a Staff the last thing I was thinking of was taking photo's. I cannot believe the owner was in a fit state to stop and take a picture.

Me, I was trying to rip the dogs apart with my bare hands while covered in blood. My dog nearly died, if I'd had time to take a picture she would not have survived.

How very strange.

There was 2 men helping, they where pulling the cavi away whilst the owner of the staff was pulling the staff off (only imo, because someone came to help) otherwise I belive he would have allowed the dog to carry on attacking.
I do agree though getting a camera out would be the last thing on my mind, I would barely beable to fumble for the buttons, im would be shaking with rage and possibly shock and exhaustion pulling the staff off.

lexiedhb

Visit site
maybe a child next time ?

FOR GODS SAKE a dog that is aggressive towards other dogs/animals does not automatically become a child killer............ that is daily fail attitude at its best. :mad:

The Staff was let down hugely by its pleb of an owner, and should probably be destroyed- The Breed of dog has naff all to do with this attack- could have easily been a rotttie/ GSD that landed in the hands of this total pleb of an owner who thinks having an aggressive dog is funny. The little cav and its owner did not deserve this, and I really hope something is done to the owner of the other dog- the dog should also probably be PTS- but i would be saying that if it had been a lab/spangle/GSD/yorkie!!!taking pics? I guess I have no idea how I would react in that situation having already been bitten once.

blacksabbeth

Visit site
Under the circumstances I wouldnt have been takeing photos knowing this myself from a few weeks ago.My 7 year staffy was playing with my 4 year old son in the snow whilst on the lead,as he always has done there like tea peas in a pot and my son finds him hysterical sometimes with laughter and im sure my staffy carrys on with what hes doing just to make him laugh sometimes.ANYWAY back to the point,both my son and dog were standing up on a wall on a bit of what normally is grass,i turned round to see a huge mongrel type of the lead my staffy looked at him but ignored and carried on playing with my son,to which the dog tryed to lunge up the wall I put my leg out as im trying to scramble up the wall to get to both my boys,which did block the dog risking myself being bitten!And the owner was casually walking along acting oblivious within a split second the dog ran round my other side and beat me up the wall and lunged for my staffy and my poor boy had his head in the other dogs mouth a shoved my son out of the way as by this point my dogs head was being smashed off the wall and people around started screaming,but the last straw for my staffy who is not dog aggressive was to hear my son scream and start crying to which unfortunatly he lost it and did latch on to the other dogs face,luckily I asked him to leave firmly as by now the other guy had hold of his dog to which he let go.Checked both dogs over to discover a few scratches and punture wounds but all superficial.I did say to the owner if your dog is aggressive you shouldnt have it off the lead and goes to show the tables can turn and apologise for my dogs behaviour which to be fair he apologised too.Now in that time I could never have taken photos as it all happened in the blink of an eye,but at the same time being the owner of a dog that has been attacked is frightening despite what breed of dog it was or is.I personally think the man of the staffy type was either after a cheap thrill which is going to cost the life of his dog(in my eyes not enough justice),or the ridiculous over sized choke chain the dog got free from which looks as if the collar should be on a bullmastiff.Hopefully the spaniel makes a speedy recovery.But dont tarnish all staffys with a bad brush just remember they can become victims too whether in the wrong hands or being attacked themselves and there far from ugly.

echodomino

Visit site
All very well saying keep a look out and stay away, but would help if you said where this was?

All well and good had I known myself!!!!!

I personally thought it strange all through, there's no way I'd have stood by even with help if it was my dog and I'm sure it would have been possible to separate them quicker.

echodomino

Visit site
Looks like the dog has been handed over to RSPCA/Police. Sad for the cavi and TBH also for the dog who attacked, who knows whether it would have been like that with a different owner/handler :-(((( Shame it isnt the owner of the attack dog who is PTS instead....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-21869435

That's the sad thing more bad press for Staffs when it's deed not breed. I saw a thing on Facebook the other day that I thought fitting it was something like in the 80s they blamed the Dobermann, in the 90s they blamed the GSD, now they blame the Staffy, when will they blame the humans?