Keep, sell, loan - HELP!

HashRouge

Visit site
I suspect YCBM has understood by now that certain posters don't think her horse is completely sound. I mean, it has been posted and repeated multiple times on this thread...I think she's got the message! She may not agree with that view, but I really don't think it needs one more person jumping in and repeating it (in a quite unkind fashion, in some cases).

JJS

Visit site
I'm not sure why it won't let me quote your last post, but what I would say is that maybe now isn't the right time to think about selling Henry. It's probably a decision better made when you're back on an even keel, so I think I'd take the pressure off for a little while and just focus on having some fun together. For the record, I certainly don't think you're playing the victim - we all need a bit of gentle handling sometimes, and that's okay. Here's hoping that you're feeling stronger again soon :)

Ellietotz

Visit site
On this thread, I would be grateful. I am struggling with an antidepressant change and the clock change right now MP, and quite frankly, life has never seemed less worth living than it does right now.I have little doubt I'll now be accused of histrionics or presenting myself as a victim or begging for pity. Whatever.

Changing antidepressants was probably one of the worst things I have done so I really feel for you here. It doesn't help with the darker evenings and miserable weather. As others have said, don't make any decisions now, especially with that in mind. Relax for a bit, don't put any pressure on yourself or Henry, take a step back and just enjoy him for time being. Come January you may feel completely different. And don't take anything anyone here has said about Henry as an insult, it was all said with the best intentions albeit not always nice to hear when it's your own beasty but no one has said anything to intentionally upset you. Just take care of yourself. X

Visit site
Having just lived this dilemma I say Sell!
I had also reached my pony's limit but not my own so after some tears of realisation I plucked up the courage to do the right thing for my pony. So glad I did as with my Jump Instructors help I found the very best home for him as a teaching/therapy pony for a lovely family who send me lots of updates, and found my future jumping superstar who is the kindest of souls.
Think of the pleasure you could be giving another rider who wants to enjoy what your pony enjoys, while you go forward and enjoy that bit more with your other one

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
An update to finish off this thread. Thank you so much to everyone who was supportive when I was at a very low ebb. I am now more stable on new meds, and feeling more optimistic than in very long time. Henry was part of the problem, something I did not fully realise until I put him up for sale. He has, of course, been snapped up very quickly at full asking price and passed all the soundness tests with flying colours, which was no surprise to me at all. I am delivering him to his new home, a mother/daughter share who think he is fabulous (which he is!), this weekend. And in the meantime have agreed a purchase of an ex racer to fill his very big shoes. Life goes on.

Mule

Visit site
An update to finish off this thread. Thank you so much to everyone who was supportive when I was at a very low ebb. I am now more stable on new meds, and feeling more optimistic than in very long time. Henry was part of the problem, something I did not fully realise until I put him up for sale. He has, of course, been snapped up very quickly at full asking price and passed all the soundness tests with flying colours, which was no surprise to me at all. I am delivering him to his new home, a mother/daughter share who think he is fabulous (which he is!), this weekend. And in the meantime have agreed a purchase of an ex racer to fill his very big shoes. Life goes on.
Good news. I'm glad everything worked out x

Visit site
These meds are doing funny things to you ycbm! new pony and no pictures? Tut tut!

Great news for you and Henry though - Undoubtedly a shame to see him go, but must be a weight off your mind if you didn't feel like you fitted each other. His new family sound like they'll spoil him. Hope they have fun, he always sounded awesome. Glad you're feeling a bit more positive too :)

Sam_J

Visit site
Thanks for the update, I was wondering about the outcome. Very glad that you're feeling better, hoping there'll be pictures of your new arrival :)

ycbm

Visit site
I dropped Henry off today. Cried when I loaded him, cried when I left him, drove 100 miles home knowing for a certainty that I have done the right thing by him. They adore him. They think they are the luckiest people alive to have been able to buy him. That's what he deserves, not me wishing he could do more than he can.

SEL

Visit site
Good to catch up on the thread and hear you've found him a good home. It's always hard to say goodbye!! Looking forward to photos of the newbie

tristar

Visit site
lovely to know he is sorted, what a load off your mind, good luck henry and you are right they are lucky to have found a lovely horse

Shady

Visit site
Lovely update YCBM. Nothing wrong with a good cry. xxx . you did right by him and he has gone to a lovely home. Personally I wish others would do the same thing when they realise things are not working out. Better ultimately for both horse and owner.
Can't wait to see your newbie xx

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Didn't see this thread originally but having read it the whole way through, I have no doubt that you have made the right decision. Also glad to hear that you are feeling better.

ycbm

Visit site
A great finish for this thread, in case anyone in the same situation finds it in future. And cos I'm just so darned happy about it 😁🌞😸

Henry has been in his new home six months and his person sent me an email today saying they were the best six months ever. I'm so proud of him, he's not given them one moment of concern, just lots and lots of fun and learning.

He's happier where he is with a lovely varied life, and I'm happier riding my two lightweights. Win win.

If anyone else is caught in the dilemma I was in when I started this thread, don't be afraid to admit to yourself that you have the wrong horse and sell.

irishdraft

Visit site
Op if you decide to sell I have a friend looking for this type of horse to primarily hunt with bloodhounds and be a safe all rounder she has a a decent budget.