Keeping horses near Leighton Buzzard - what's it like?

horsemad32

Visit site
What are the options livery-wise? Is it easy to find fields to rent? Is grass livery available? Considering moving that way, and wondering how our horse costs would change and what's available. Our preference is to find a field/small yard to rent, but would do grass livery or at a push, DIY.

Rudolph's Red Nose

Visit site
hi, private fields / yards to rent are snapped up pretty quick as quite rare - a few yards offer DIY livery and some grass livery. There a few nice villages surrounding Leighton buzzard so may be worth a drive around and have a look as Leighton buzzard is quite a built up town these days .. please feel free to pm if you need any feedback re yards ..

galaxy

Visit site
I'm moving there at the beginning of November. I didn't find a huge number of yards to suit my needs, although there are a lot of yards. I found a stable for my girl near whipsnade zoo which looks to have good hacking, grazing and a school. But it is assisted DIY. I couldn't find any just DIY.

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
I am 15 mins down the road but agree, in this whole area there has been a boom in DIY/assisted and most spaces have been taken. Only problem is that it leaves yards like mine struggling as there are less people that want part livery when they have so much choice to do it themselves, until winter strikes and they realise they can't do it with time/mud/lack of light and so on.

I'm not classing all DIYers like that! But people i have know are having to spend out more then they planned or hang on a long time as there just doesn't seem to be enough spaces, leaving us waiting....

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Had my horses around Leighton for years, been on a few yards. Depends which side you are looking at, was at a few yards billington side, dagnell was the furthest I went.

Am now at a yard near bletchley about 15 mins away.

Pm if you want more info.