Keeping Tack in Car

cfoster

New User
Visit site
I keep my horse very close to where I work so I keep my tack in the car, in a public carpark, throughout the day. I need some way to keep my tack out of sight in the boot without using the parcel shelf as I often have my dog in the back and it would mean taking it our every time the dog needs to be in. I have seen the saddle mate which looks good if there was another product to keep it out of sight. Something like a small tack locker would be ideal but I can't find any small ones (to fit in the back of a quashqai) for just one saddle. Any ideas?

flowerlady

Visit site
I keep my horse very close to where I work so I keep my tack in the car, in a public carpark, throughout the day. I need some way to keep my tack out of sight in the boot without using the parcel shelf as I often have my dog in the back and it would mean taking it our every time the dog needs to be in. I have seen the saddle mate which looks good if there was another product to keep it out of sight. Something like a small tack locker would be ideal but I can't find any small ones (to fit in the back of a quashqai) for just one saddle. Any ideas?

Why can't you just put the parcel shelf on the back seat when the dogs in the boot area?:)

cfoster

New User
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I've insured the saddle through the house insurace for even when its in the car and I've been doing the blanket / coat thing but its still quite obvious and also just chucked in. Could just move the parcel shelf but not sure passengers would like it however I do tend to chuck them out in favour of the dog sitting on the back seat :D Reason why I though of a box / locker was so the dog could also sit next to it. Maybe I should get on with some DIY!

trottingon

Visit site
If you google dog cages for cars, they do make them all shapes and sized including ones that fit in half the boot space. You may find one of those is the ideal size for your tack and as a bonus it might be lockable with a cable lock for a bit of added security. I'm sure you could cut a price of plyboard the size of the door and cable tie it on so no-one can see what's in the box?