Kent and masters / Thorowgood compact

hellfire

Visit site
Does anyone have a cob compact Kent and masters or thorowgood?"or even just the cob one. I need to know how long the panels are as may be too long on my cob. Ideally a 17.5 but may only get a 17" on him depending on panel size. If anyone could measure their saddle id be very grateful.
He's in a 16.5" Kent and masters but although my bums ok the panels are just too short. In a minuit I think I'm going to have to get one made! ��

orionstar

Visit site
I know the s series compact is an inch shorter then the ordinary gp version, can you not ring a stockist and ask or pm them on facebook, I'm sure they'll help!

Cowpony

Visit site
I've got a Thorowgood compact but won't be in a position to measure it for a few days I'm afraid. I know the compact allows you to have a "longer" saddle than you otherwise would, if that makes sense. I have a 17 inch on a 14.2 who is very short from wither to last rib.

hellfire

Visit site
I did call both companies. Thorowgood confused me saying the panel measurement they had on file wasn't how you'd usually measure it. Kent and masters said 17" saddle has 17" panels so want to verify that. I'm guessing both measure the same as the same company saddle makers.
If you could measure yours that's be great thanks.
If I can get a measurement I can order on line safely then get my saddler to fit. There is a saddler here who carries these brands but don't want them out touching my horses.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
We have three kent and master cob saddles, two dressage and one gp, 17" and 171/2".
If you measure the panels lengthwise from seam to seam then the measurement is the same as the seat size, but because the seam is placed slightly up at the end ( if you see what I mean ) the actual weight bearing surface is about 1/2" shorter. So for a 17" it is 161/2", and for a 171/2" it is 17".

Eta....could squish down in use.

hellfire

Visit site
Well on that info I'm better off with a cob one than tho pony gp. The seats 16.5" but the panels are measuring up at 18.5" underneath. Which is the max for him. The saddler said id only ever get a 16.5 saddle on him. Hmmm. Thanks so much for that.