Ketchup for stained tails, anybody used it?

Kacey88

Visit site
I read that ketchup works miracles on yellow stained tails. Has anybody here used it before and what results have you found? I have a feeling I will need to invest in a lot of white chalk for competitions.. :(

Jackson

Visit site
I've tried it and it doesn't really work :D Plus it looks a little like you have cut your horses tail right off with all of the red :eek:

Fairy liquid is the best thing that I have found.. and lincoiln (sp) muddy buddy leg scrub is really good at cleaning tails too :)

Cazzabombazza

Visit site
Never heard that one before :S fortunately we don't have any with white tails and fur anymore but when we did it was a nightmare! One of ours had a yellow stain on his hindquaters that just never went we tried everything! Please let us know if it works if you try it :)

Spotsrock

Visit site
No but back home the water turns very blond hair slightly green. Only way to sort it is wash it with ketchup before shampoo every couple weeks so have been fairly familiar with standing in shower in my own dirty ketchup yuck.

Kacey88

Visit site
I have so far tried Vanish for whites - didn't really think it was that good. I have Supreme Product, the one for stained tails. I thought it made a bit of difference, but stopped using it because its too muddy anyway. I'll start that again when conditions improve. I get so jealous when I see perfectly white tails! I reckon there must be a secret!

Sparkles

Visit site
No but back home the water turns very blond hair slightly green. Only way to sort it is wash it with ketchup before shampoo every couple weeks so have been fairly familiar with standing in shower in my own dirty ketchup yuck.

Ditto this. Only because red and green counteract with each other I think?!

Kacey88

Visit site
Would it work on a stained leg?? Why my girl likes to sleep in poo I will never know.

I know it works on skunk smell.....

I'm going to try it on my girls tail and her leg, so I'll tell you how we get on. Also, the skewbald in your signature is absolutely stunning! That last picture, wow! Was that at a show? :)

dumpling

Visit site
I remember being told to wash my hair in ketchup after going swimming as I had blonde hair and the chlorine turns it greenish so I was to use that to get the green out.

Never tried it though! I agree with the blue fairy liquid for whites!

catdragon

Visit site
Spray baby oil into the tail for a few days prior to washing (Below the dock). Then use fairy liquid and warm water to remove the worst. Then a 2nd application of fairy liquid. Then any shampoo at all - then any conditioner at all (I usually go for a supermarket own brand for blondes) - spray with some mane and tail conditioner - et voila - clean hardly yellow tail !