Kevin update: two steps forward and one back

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Well we had been creeping forward with Kevin. It has been slow going due to illness first my rider Helen, then me, then my riders nan, for whom she is the carer . However, we were getting out on short but pleasent hacks.The last one it was clear he enjoyed , ears pricked the whole way. We had been hoping to start increasing them as the summer school hols are here in a week and then Kevin put his leg over the fence and got trapped in the wire and electric fence, he of course pulled free. I'm pretty sure he was kicking out at flies but how he got quite so high is a mystery. It's luckily all pretty superficial, he has had pain killers and antibiotics, which he is having to have in food three times a day........Kevin is quite pleased about this!! It's looking much better after a couple of days , the cold hosing has kept the swelling down. My poor old Dad has been roped in for daytime duty as Helen is in hospital with Nan. He is getting quite good at it :D

Last edited:

Embo

Visit site
Ah, that's a shame! I'm sure you'll be back to making progress very soon.

Does make you wonder how on earth they get themselves into such trouble... but then I think it's probably best not to know!

Healing vibes for Kevin and your rider's nan.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
My own fault really I was doing the horses in work clothes and as I stepped down a small step I seem to have stepped on a loose stone and twisted my ankle . I went splat, I did think I'd got away with it but this morning I was non weight baring on that leg, so I went to A&E for X-rays and I have chipped the tip of my lateral melleous ( I think it's called that) off. If I'd been in my proper boots no doubt I would have been better off. I've got one of those big black boots to wear for a bit and some crutches:)

What made me laugh however was the x rays threw up an old injury, I'd done similar last year and just carried on. It seems I have a old healed fracture in my navicular bone...............

Yes I have navicular:D

They couldn't understand why I found it hilarious

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
My own fault really I was doing the horses in work clothes and as I stepped down a small step I seem to have stepped on a loose stone and twisted my ankle . I went splat, I did think I'd got away with it but this morning I was non weight baring on that leg, so I went to A&E for X-rays and I have chipped the tip of my lateral melleous ( I think it's called that) off. If I'd been in my proper boots no doubt I would have been better off. I've got one of those big black boots to wear for a bit and some crutches:)

What made me laugh however was the x rays threw up an old injury, I'd done similar last year and just carried on. It seems I have a old healed fracture in my navicular bone...............

Yes I have navicular:D

They couldn't understand why I found it hilarious

Ouch! I did something similar earlier this year but fortunately it was just a sprain. That was painful enough...