Kevin update.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Kevin has been off colour since the beginning of the year. After a vets visit in April he was given time off and slowly brought back in to work. Things have been difficult as there have been delays, including me fracturing my ankle. Things had been going well, I'd even been up and had a super hack but it all changed when he again bogged off with his rider( not me this time) up the road. The dangerous thing was I could see he was paying no attention and had there been a car, he probably would have ran in to it. All the rider did was drop her foot out of the stirrup, to rearrange it. He is not scared of that as she often rides that way, at the end of a ride. I was there on my trusty Ffin and was able to really observe it for the first time. What was clear to me was he was dragging his near hind, prior to going out he had been happy and relaxed. He lowered his head for the bridle, he was happy to be saddled and he seemed relaxed to be out. It's really discouraging, as I was hoping he could at least enjoy a hack. He is booked in at the vets the week after next ( senior partner on his hols) I thinking hock x rays. Now I'm just hoping he will be comfortable in the field. On a happier note Ffin is delighted to be back in more regular work.

Annagain

Visit site
Oh no Suki I'm so sorry. I thought it was all starting to come good for you. I hope the vet visit gives you some idea of what's going on.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Oh no!! I defo agree that they don't behave like that for the fun of it, so I'm pleased that you have the vet coming to check him over!! hopefully its something that can be sorted fairly easily!

P.s my horse had his hocks fused at 5 years old, and it was the best thing we've done.