Kicked

Clodagh

Visit site
Was trailering over to a friends this morning to go for a long hack and mare wouldn't load...has never not loaded before, but in season and just got that piggy 'You gonna make me' look. Roped in (non horsey) OH to lead and I walked behind her, gave her a slap on the bum and she did an almightly cow kick and got me square in the fanny (hope I'm allowed to say that...) Well, did it hurt. Adrenalin kicked in long enough to kick her in the belly, grab lunge whip and encourage her up the ramp, when I shut her in and dropped my pants in the middle of the farmyard to have a look. Its big and red and it HURTS.
Still went for hack, albeit with lots of cigarettes and nurofen, and riding like a RDA peeps, leaning to one side, left leg forward, weight in right stirrup. Am now definately a vet failure.
There are times I wonder why I like mares.
I do realise its my fault, doesn't make it hurt any less!
mad.gif

S_N

Visit site
O M G - You STILL RODE!!! You are INSANE!! Am LMAO at the thought of you dropping your pants in the middle of the yard though - sorry! You may want to get that checked out though................

Mel85

Visit site
Ouch! Sounds painful!

I have to sypathise as I am feeling very sorry for myself today as well - got bucked off on Wednesday night and thought I was ok, got back on etc. Then next day was very sore, just put it down to muscles aching. Last night I tried to take mare xc schooling as am going to hunter trial with her tomorrow and she's only a baby so needed the practise run first! Well I was in AGONY! I have strained my left groin and my right hip and am not happy!!

Hope you feel better soon and it's not too sore!! Probably a good idea to go to docs though!

Clodagh

Visit site
Even worse is that we have a hunter trial here tomorrow and lots of people coming to walk the course!!
laugh.gif

Lucky I never got round to having that Brazilian...
tongue.gif

(Anyone doing SWDRC event tomorrow??)

Clodagh

Visit site
Have conned a friend into doing HT tomorrow, its horses first time, not sure I can ride that only using one leg and not sitting down in the saddle!! Hope you're better soon - you still HTing??

Mel85

Visit site
No probably wont be very successful in that position!!!

Yes I am still planning to go at the moment - gonna take it easy today and see how we go tomorrow.

Am also concerned about walking the course to be honest - thats gonna hurt before I even start to ride!!

GTs

Visit site
You seen very nonchalant about the whole ordeal - I think you got very lucky, next time it might be your head, hopefully it does not take a subdural hematoma for you to be more careful.

CLICK HERE

Clodagh

Visit site
Your life must be very safe and very serious. do you never laugh?
I'm not clicking on your link, get a life, dearie!

GTs

Visit site
I have many laughs, but I also have common sense - no point putting yourself intentionally im harms way. See that you are not particularly good at that with being kicked, smoking, etc.

Happytohack

Visit site
Sorry - but this had me in fits of giggles! I got bitten on the bum in the week and was hopping around with my trousers down trying to have a look at the damage, so could just imagine you......seriously though, hope you are your "bits" are ok.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Good god man,you are so bloody superior!!
mad.gif
confused.gif

Clodagh....that's one hell of a place to get a kick,and you can bet on it being uber painful tomorrow
frown.gif
Bet the mare loads properly next time
tongue.gif

Bethxx

GTs

Visit site
Not superior at all - just if I was on the recieving end of a kick that did not produce significant injuries, my attitude would be far more of a lucky escape then one of amusement.

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
I can see both points of view.... but come on guys .... nobody got seriously hurt.

I did a similar thing on the yard when a wasp got inside my jeans. Whipped them off right in the middle of the yard screaming my head off (oh and still got stung !)

I HATE WASPS

_jetset_

Visit site
I have been sat here laughing at the thought of you dropping your trousers in the middle of the yard... I think you deserve a long hot bath, and a nice glass of white wine brought to you by your OH!

Clodagh

Visit site
Hes gone to get a chinese for me!!

I look like one of those baboons, you know, with purple bits? Apparently it doesn't do it for OH...particulary as it waggles when I walk!! Sorry for laughing, GTS, but I'll go and have more wine and another fag now, too...
tongue.gif