kicking horses!

alfirules

Visit site
does anyone have trouble with horses that kick others in the field. my pony shares a field with a 5 year old appaloosa which charges at my pony and an elderly cob and bites and kicks them for no reason! my pony has been in a diet pen fenced off by electric fence and the appy will break the fence posts and tear the fence down to chase my boy around the field and beat the sh** into him! he's done this several times now. so we have to keep them all in seperate fields but its still a worry cos the appy has pulled down a barbed wire fence and wooden posts before!! i am a bit worried about my pony cos he has a slightly swollen leg and is resting it all the time but he doesnt appear lame. do you thnk i should get vet out or see how it goes??
anyway... about his behaviour, is it because the horse is young? we thought at firs it was boredom but he goes out everyday for at least 3 hours and still does it!!

will he stop doing it? or shall we just keep them seperated?
thanks for reading, your opinions will be very much appreciated!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
about his behaviour, is it because the horse is young?

[/ QUOTE ]
No it's because it's an aggresive little sh*t. Don't let any of your horses anywhere near it.

Tearing down fences to get to others????? Sounds totally deranged.

JessPickle

Visit site
Sounds like a horse at our yard he badly damaged his leg, but to be honest not much sympathy sue to the fact he hurt it when he tried to attack another horse through a fence! this pony is 6 years old he kicks horses and humans and is an evil s**t. He in now kept in a field in his own and has electric fencing everywhere around it

ClareMc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
but he goes out everyday for at least 3 hours and still does it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

To me that is not a lot of turnout. Probably has a lot of unused energy.

alfirules

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but he goes out everyday for at least 3 hours and still does it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

To me that is not a lot of turnout. Probably has a lot of unused energy.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i ment he gets ridden (goes for a hack gets schooled) for 3 hour every day!

they are turned out 24/7!!!!

SpruceRI

Visit site
My newish horse doesn't like my two existing ponies. Although they like her! She's much bigger than them, so I can't risk her hurting them. Luckily had her on loan for a bit first, and had to seriously consider whether to keep her on this basis. Invested in some new fencing to split the field, and now she has her own paddock peace rains. If she was doing what that Appaloosa was doing I would get rid. As the Appy doesn't belong to you I'd move my ponies to another field/yard. Sounds like the Appy has a riggy problem if he breaks down fences to get to your pony