Kids gloves etc

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
So am finally taking my 6 yr old hunting this season led off a horse.
Just wondered if anyone can recommend the best gloves so as not to let child go cold!! Also does anyone's child have a thermatex waistcoat and recommend them? I like mine but not sure about a child!

Clodagh

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone can recommend the best gloves so as not to let child go cold!! Also does anyone's child have a thermatex waistcoat and recommend them? I like mine but not sure about a child!

I can't really help, my child now being nearly a grown up now, I am not up to date. But well done you! I loved taking my son out hunting.
My mum took me loads as well, but my pony was far better behaved than her horse so I was more of a calming device.

Shay

Visit site
The McWet gloves go down quite small - although we used sealskins when DD was very small. They are really bulky - but it they are on the lead rein anyway feel on the reins is less important. You can get silk liners for gloves which can help but I couldn't find them small enough for her initially. It does get more complicated if you have tiny hands and still need feel. Thermatex did a pair we used extensively one year - but it wasn't waterproof.

Layers and more layers. Thermal johds if you can get them small enough - if not those thermal tights you get with their school uniform under. You can get something called "Footisies" - a self heating gel pad designed to go in the boot. They are single use and quite thin, stick it to the sock and go. It lasts about 8 hours. DD still uses them at 19! You can get the same thing for gloves but we found them too annoying. If you get the re-useable gel packs that you boil to re-set you can set them off at intervals and put them in pockets etc. Or hold them in your hands when the field stops. I never used a waistcoat on DD - just thermal base layers. With a BP as well they do have fairly good torso protection. Its the extremities you need to cover!

Fiona

Visit site
Toggi make kids winter ones, my 7yo has some and they seem good.

Not sure about thermatex but as you say, I love mine, so why wouldn't a child be the same.....

Also thermal base layer etc...

FIona