Kieffer saddles - Tree Adjustment

Kenzo

Visit site
I've just got a lovely Nobert Koof FL jump saddle for my little TB mare, just wondering what the cost is to alter the tree (if I ever need to), apparently they can be altered but do they have to go back to Kieffer or can a good saddler do this?

Thanks

Vetwrap

Visit site
I have the same Kieffer saddle for my boy. Bought it as a MW and had it altered to a MN.
My local saddlers, S.Milner & Son, have the Kieffer bench to do the adjustment. They came out and measured and assessed my boy and took the saddle away for adjustment.

The tree was heated and shaped for the correct fit, then the saddle was reflocked to his shape (he is very short backed).

The cost for the adjustment, including the initial call out and assessment was around £100, I think!

Hope this helps.

Vetwrap

Visit site
The fact that they were so easily adjusted was the main reason behind buying the Kieffer. I've been so impressed with the saddle and my previously sensitive and problematic horse is very comfortable and working nicely in it.

Good buy, I'd say!

Vindaloo

Visit site
I had exactly the same saddle and had it altered for around £50.00 but that was a few years ago. Loved it and sold it along with my horse since it fitted him so perfectly and he went so well in it. Would recommend over and over.

v.

Puppy

Visit site
Oh that's interesting, I was told they had to be sent away to be done and it would cost a few hundred £s.