Kind and fully qualified Yorkshire dentist wanted

Amirah

Visit site
Having tried wonderful bedside manner/dubious qualifications, followed by lots of qualifications but dubious bedside manner, I would quite like both. Has anyone tried Chris Napthine? He certainly has the qualifications (looked at the website) but after the last tooth session whoever I get is going to need a bedside manner tdf!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Robin Earnshaw is good, great with tbe horses, none of ours need sedating. They're all perfectly calm. Aside from the mule, he can't get near him (I don't think he likes the gloves) but the mule is, well, a mule, there's a long list of things he finds objectionable!

Amirah

Visit site
Robin Earnshaw is good, great with tbe horses, none of ours need sedating. They're all perfectly calm. Aside from the mule, he can't get near him (I don't think he likes the gloves) but the mule is, well, a mule, there's a long list of things he finds objectionable!

"Perfectly calm" would be very nice, thank you!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
We usually have our vet do our horse's teeth, but the vet tells me when they need any more work than he can do, so last year the vet brought a Yorkshire equine dentist with him called Martin Brookes, I think he was from the Sheffield area, and I thought he was very good. Took his time, showed and explained things to me, and was there for a good while. Horses liked him. He wasn't cheap though.

JJS

Visit site
Although he's not Yorkshire based, Olivier Gilot comes down to Leeds to do mine. He has such a fantastic way with the horses; last time he came, my mare pretty much fell asleep whilst he was doing her teeth!

Amirah

Visit site
We usually have our vet do our horse's teeth, but the vet tells me when they need any more work than he can do, so last year the vet brought a Yorkshire equine dentist with him called Martin Brookes, I think he was from the Sheffield area, and I thought he was very good. Took his time, showed and explained things to me, and was there for a good while. Horses liked him. He wasn't cheap though.

Horses being happy is more important than cost. The last one was right at the top end fee-wise anyway.

JSS - hard to believe that your mare was calm enough to be half asleep!

JJS

Visit site
JSS - hard to believe that your mare was calm enough to be half asleep!

It was the first time she'd ever seen a dentist too, but Olivier spent lots of time getting to know her beforehand and his patience certainly seemed to pay off!

Amirah

Visit site
It was the first time she'd ever seen a dentist too, but Olivier spent lots of time getting to know her beforehand and his patience certainly seemed to pay off!

Exactly, it's quite possible to float a horse without backing them into a corner or grabbing handfuls of shoulder. Quite grateful to the under qualified dentist as at least I know that edt treatment can be a calm affair if you're prepared to take a bit of time over it.