kings troop horses bolted in London

Circe2

Visit site
Poor horses. What sort of maniac sounds their horn right behind them?

Unfortunately I’m not even surprised anymore..

paddy555

Visit site
the second pic on that link is interesting. It shows one of the escapees and on the other side of the road a girl riding. She and her horse are oblivious to the horse running behind them.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
See the link on Facebook, filming the ride go past, a scooter rider tries to buzz past between 3 horses and a central traffic island, not even room for a cycle to get through. Clips island and scooter clips a led horse, which kicks out and several horses scatter. Scroll down on this page for both https://m.facebook.com/ukhorsecommunity/?ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment

The cause of the loose horses was a pig ignorant scooter rider ???

Circe2

Visit site
See the link on Facebook, filming the ride go past, a scooter rider tries to buzz past between 3 horses and a central traffic island, not even room for a cycle to get through. Clips island and scooter clips a led horse, which kicks out and several horses scatter.

That’s even more ridiculous. Wish the horse hadn’t missed him!

CMcC

Visit site
See the link on Facebook, filming the ride go past, a scooter rider tries to buzz past between 3 horses and a central traffic island, not even room for a cycle to get through. Clips island and scooter clips a led horse, which kicks out and several horses scatter. Scroll down on this page for both https://m.facebook.com/ukhorsecommunity/?ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment

The incident with the scooter was a separate incident. No riders or horses hurt in that one. I don’t think I would have wanted to be the scooter rider about to face the wrath of the commanding officer!

Karran

Visit site
I dont know where that clip is from but that's not from today's incident.
I live 1 mile from the woolwich barracks and see them at least once a week on their hacks.
Today they were out by a housing estate when (allegedly) someone kept their car horn going which caused the incident.

The park they ended up in has a riding for the disabled centre so hopefully staff were on hand to catch and assist where needed.

They have been here for a good 10 years and this is the first incident I've heard of in this area. Most people are very good with them!

mariew

Visit site
I miss seeing them coming round Hyde park corner. Amazing all riding one and leading one at a decent trot. hopefully no one in the military got pulled up but the driver of the tooting vehicle should get a visit from the police.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
the second pic on that link is interesting. It shows one of the escapees and on the other side of the road a girl riding. She and her horse are oblivious to the horse running behind them.
I don't see that the same way, I'm not sure if the other rider is in an army uniform. Can't say they are unaware from the picture.

Amun

Visit site
Do you know if this ignorant will be charged? I can't believe what I'm seeing, it's so awful I honestly don't know what did this idiot think. :mad: poor horses, I hope the one that got hit is ok.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Or staying with the loose horse so they can step in if the opportunity arises.

I know the driver shouldn't be beeping his horn at horses but I'm a little surprised it caused so much chaos as I would expect them to be a little more used to being around horns. When they went round Hyde Park even if no one beeped right at them, there could be lots of horn noise as well as sirens and they have to be around gun salutes. That's not excusing the driver at all.

doodle

Visit site
I’m guessing this is another example of we don’t know the full story. A horn beeping, even incessantly, shouldn’t have caused that much upset in the horses.

teapot

Visit site
I’m guessing this is another example of we don’t know the full story. A horn beeping, even incessantly, shouldn’t have caused that much upset in the horses.

Depends. If the KT were exercising remounts, ie the newer younger horses, London life even out at Woolwich will be a far cry from life at Melton. Remember they usually ride out three in hand too.

The KT horses tend to be a lot fitter and sharper than the HCav. They've also had the best part of a year off from their usual job so it might not have taken as much as it usually would to set something off.

Last edited:

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Depends. If the KT were exercising remounts, ie the newer younger horses, London life even out at Woolwich will be a far cry from life at Melton. Remember they usually ride out three in hand too.

The KT horses tend to be a lot fitter and sharper than the HCav. They've also had the best part of a year off from their usual job so it might not have taken as much as it usually would to set something off.

True but to get the point of 10 - 15 loose and running through the streets. I can't help imagining what might have happened if they'd still been based in St Johns Wood and loose in Central London traffic.

cauda equina

Visit site
I hope this story is widely reported in the general press
If it helps to educate people (and by people I mean drivers) about how to behave around horses then some good will have come from a horrible incident