Knee boots

Nic

Visit site
Can anyone reccommend a pait of knee boots, D has been a bit trippy since coming back into work after his arthritis so don't want to risk any more time off!

Are the leather skeleton ones best or are the neoprane ones ok? And anyone had a horse object to the Westropp brushing & knee combi ones?

Thanks

juliehannah58

Visit site
I always hack all mine out in knee boots whether they trip or not, seen too many scared knees!!

The leather skeleton ones are far better IMO, I picked up a pair at a equestrian boot sale, brand new english leather for £4!! Bargain. Have a look on ebay, as not many people seem to know what they are used for (you'll see loads listed under hock boots !! So search for that as well)

None of mine have ever objected to wearing them
smile.gif

samp

Visit site
The leather skeleton ones are the best. I rode my youngster that bolted on a road, slipped over the they definitely had saved her knees

sharni

Visit site
leather skeleton every time. they are great. I've used both types, the neoprene with the velcro fastening keep slipping unless they are fastened very very tightly and even then they tend to come off in canter. waste of money.

EllieBeast

Visit site
i know that they are pricey, but the jeffries ones are fantastic. i have the 'rugging knee caps' and love them. they are actually made for travelling as they have material surrounding the leather, but i like them because they protect a larger area from scrapes. i have seen a horse fall in them on the road, and i can only say they saved her knees as she got up fine, but there were a fair few stones embedded in that leather. she didnt even have a mark on her.
http://www.ejeffries.co.uk/products/Boots/HorseBoots3.html
Sarah

Nic

Visit site
Leather ones it is, thanks guys
grin.gif

I don't suppose there is anyone reading this looking to rehome a full size pair(or 2) *Cough* You know just out of interest *whistles
tongue.gif

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Leather are better but I actually use the westropp softer knee boots which have been fine. My boss has the combined version but we had problems with them rubbing her fine skinned TB and they also seem to slip down slightly. Thankfully neither have ever actually been "tested"!

juliehannah58

Visit site
Ah bummer as I just sold 2 pairs on ebay! They were the rugging with leather skeley ones....I will have a dig! I might have an old pair that are servicable, If I find them you can have them for nowt
smile.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Go for leasther ones every time. Skeleton ones or blanket ones are fine. If you take a look on Equestrian Clearance Warehouse & search you'll find some waxed leather Masta ones that are at a god price & would do the job. Otherwise keep looking on Ebay, you'll get a pair for reasonable money.
I've PM'd you