Knee Boots

majors

Visit site
Hi my horse had a fall with my Mum riding last week and has a badly cut knee, so I am looking at knee boots. Has anyone used the woof wear smart knee boats? Any comments, experience please:(

AdorableAlice

Visit site
The only knee boots I have ever used in 35 years of horse keeping are the leather/felt 2 strap types. They do need to be cleaned regularly but they last for years. Keep the straps supple and soft and when they finally give up the straps can be replaced.

None of my horses have ever hacked out without knee boots and the 2 pairs of boots in use at the moment are at least 15 years old. My horses have been down on the road and their boots have saved them from nasty injuries. Buy the best ones you can afford, what a pity he has been down and broken his knees.

Venevidivici

Visit site
I have a pair of the Jefferies leather ones but if I didn't have them,I'd give the WOOF ones a go-they look good (more protective than the Jefferies maybe,as the 'shell' over the knee seems harder) and the padding on the back of knee strap looks comfy. Hopefully someone will be along soon and say whether they stay up,don't rub etc!

majors

Visit site
Thank you both, i have looked at the jeffries leather and woof online. He wont be back in work for a month at least so have time to find opinions, luckly one knee is just grazed. My poor mum was so upset, horses!!!