Knee boots

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’ve just purchased a pair of knee boots as my horse is a bit trippy, he’s never once felt like he may go down and only ever does it in walk, having had a horse smash it’s knee to bits though tripping over I figured better be safe than sorry.
How should they fit? I know the lower strap stays loose (how loose)
They are the Woof ones so the upper strap is quite soft and comfortable looking. Does it need to be tight or just tight enough to stay above the knee? Will it twist if not tight enough?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I’ve just purchased a pair of knee boots as my horse is a bit trippy, he’s never once felt like he may go down and only ever does it in walk, having had a horse smash it’s knee to bits though tripping over I figured better be safe than sorry.
How should they fit? I know the lower strap stays loose (how loose)
They are the Woof ones so the upper strap is quite soft and comfortable looking. Does it need to be tight or just tight enough to stay above the knee? Will it twist if not tight enough?
I personally wont go out without knee boots since my mare has gone down 3 times on the road. (slip + stupid car driver) I like the old fashioned travel knee boots, best way to check the lower strap is lift the front leg up like you pick out and lift higher than normal and make sure lower strap does not pinch tight

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I personally wont go out without knee boots since my mare has gone down 3 times on the road. (slip + stupid car driver) I like the old fashioned travel knee boots, best way to check the lower strap is lift the front leg up like you pick out and lift higher than normal and make sure lower strap does not pinch tight
Thanks! Never used them before!

Scotsbadboy

Visit site
Bugger, i forgot to put my new ones on to try last night. Im sure it will be fine but i dont fancy our first time wearing them to be on a hack and he doesnt like them or freaks out! Good reminder, thanks :)

jnb

Visit site
I always used the Woof Knee/Brushing boots, nothing to slip down & you can canter in them. Win win! Never found a neoprene set of ordinary knee boots that didn't slip. Rugging and leather ones were ok though.

Scotsbadboy

Visit site
I always used the Woof Knee/Brushing boots, nothing to slip down & you can canter in them. Win win! Never found a neoprene set of ordinary knee boots that didn't slip. Rugging and leather ones were ok though.

Sadly the full size didnt fit my horse so ive just sold them. Got the woof wear ones now but yet to try them!

Firefly9410

Visit site
The ones designed for riding are skeleton knee boots. They don't have the fabric round the edges and no bottom strap. There's stiff elastic at the sides holding the knee bit to the top strap so it doesn't flip up. The other sort are travelling knee boots.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Bugger, i forgot to put my new ones on to try last night. Im sure it will be fine but i dont fancy our first time wearing them to be on a hack and he doesnt like them or freaks out! Good reminder, thanks :)
I plan on this too ? visions of doing a travel boot moonwalk down the roads otherwise!