Knowing when to stop

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have just come across this video post.
This horse won $500k queen elizabeth cup the day before over 3 rounds.
The same rider lost a horse to a broken leg on the flat in the hickstead derby last year having done 3 4* classes in the 2 days prior.
And was the rider of the horse in this photo which went rather viral at the time.
https://www.noellefloyd.com/blogs/s...y-kocher-s-groom-won-t-leave-the-barn-without

does there need to be a mechanism to pull SJers up like there is eventers on XC on a tired horse? An entries limit? I find this very sad to watch :(.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
:(:(:(:(
the video of him jumping is really sad. why oh why would you even finish a round that is going like that. 28 faults. When the horse crashed through the castle stand :eek: I know that would knock down reasonably easily but a fresh horse wouldn't be jumping into it. I think you're right, during an xc round the rider would be scrutinised and pulled up.

ETA dressage has a max number of tests per day which is 1 at Inter2 up, is there a limit on jumping rounds? I know that's per day so you can come out the next day and do another hard show but it's a step in the right direction.

ester

Visit site
That's what I can't fathom, when you've realised the horse that tried it's heart out for you yesterday isn't on song why wouldn't you give it a pat and put your hand up?

I don't know re. SJ rounds.

Nicnac

Visit site
Because he's a greedy so and so. His groom (is that the German girl) taking the p*ss out of the horse before he went out to jump should be struck off too.

All finishers won $5000 so he added more money to his already significant haul. That horse has a huge heart and it's being exploited.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
That's appalling and really upsetting to watch. Why make fun of a tired horse?
I hope the owners have a serious think about what is acceptable for that poor horse

Reacher

Visit site
I don’t want to watch the video ☹️ Very sad for the horse, definitely agree with Rowreach’s comment

suebou

Visit site
Let’s hope any sponsors see it, I’m sure the social media accounts will ensure that this appalling display is kept to the forefront of people’s minds.......
How very sad.

SpringArising

Visit site
Some people only see the horses as a means to an end - can't say it's a revelation. Just very sad. I see this at all my local shows too. People doing three + rounds without a thought for how tired the horse is. Selfish bstards.

BunnyDog

Visit site
It's not going over well here either. The whole round is on CMH and it's really obvious when the poor horse has hit empty on his gas tank.

Andy is not what I would call a stylish rider. He ran a horse through a fence here at Devon in June and I remember thinking "Wow. Did that actually just happen?" It was such a lower level move for a big class.

I don't know his story. I know he's won some bigger things but watching what I have of his rounds I am amazed.

Em

Mule

Visit site
Some people only see the horses as a means to an end - can't say it's a revelation. Just very sad. I see this at all my local shows too. People doing three + rounds without a thought for how tired the horse is. Selfish bstards.
I know it won't happen but I really wish that people who don't really care/have no empathy for horses would stay away from them. There are lots of sports that they could do that don't involve animals.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Poor lovely horse how I wish I could rub a magic lantern and have him arrive here I would love him just for being a lovely horse

ester

Visit site
It's not going over well here either. The whole round is on CMH and it's really obvious when the poor horse has hit empty on his gas tank.

Andy is not what I would call a stylish rider. He ran a horse through a fence here at Devon in June and I remember thinking "Wow. Did that actually just happen?" It was such a lower level move for a big class.

I don't know his story. I know he's won some bigger things but watching what I have of his rounds I am amazed.

Em

Yes, there is this video too
https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/videos.ecuestre.digital/329-9281-88839-1.mp4

His statement on his FB page was very poor.

Pippity

Visit site
I've seen some ugly riding at the top levels, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone so consistently unbalanced and fighting the horse every step of the way.

tristar

Visit site
i have seen little kids ride a hundred times better that this

you`re a really bad rider mate and you have shown it to the whole world

that horse is a saint,

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Yes, there is this video too
https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/videos.ecuestre.digital/329-9281-88839-1.mp4

His statement on his FB page was very poor.

You know when you look at a horse and you can just tell instantly that it's taken a series of yanks to the mouth :( I mean if he rides the horse that strongly at a competition when he knows the cameras/audience/judges are watching, what the hell is he doing at home.

I know it won't happen but I really wish that people who don't really care/have no empathy for horses would stay away from them. There are lots of sports that they could do that don't involve animals.

Agreed. Wouldn't that be lovely.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I just went onto his facebook to leave a post and then thought better of it
Truly disgusting behaviour.
Watching that other video he is an awful rider who shouldn't be winning a big competition anyway - the horse is a saint - how can these people get to this level of sport? Just money?
Some riders can be not stylish, but still not interfere with the horse and can demonstrate horsemanship. Everything is wrong with this guy.

ester

Visit site
Only come across him because of this but it seems he got lucky with the horse that he did hickstead derby with last year with regards to getting to that level.